Pico doesn't show up in device list after being added to Lutron Integration

It's been a while since I last did this and I recall it being pretty straightforward but I'm having difficulty adding an Audio Pico.

Here's what I've done so far:

On Lutron mobile app

1. I added a "Pico Remote for Audio" device

2. I selected Settings>Advanced>Integration>Send Integration Report and texted myself the report

3. I made note of the device name (Audio Pico) and ID (4)

On the Hub

1. Apps>Lutron Integrator and selected my Caseta integration (Riviera1)

1. Added the device...

2. Done

Problem: the Pico doesn't show up in the device list like my other Picos do. I tried adding it manually and setting the device ID to 4 (my other Picos have device IDs 2 and 3). When looking at the log, button presses on the Audio Pico show up like this:

Device 35 in the Lutron Telnet device.

Events for button presses on my other Picos show up as expected.

pico 5

I'm running F/W version 2.1.7.127 . Any idea what I'm missing/doing wrong?

That looks right to me, but one thing I would do before trying any more troubleshooting is delete the device you created manually. Even if the Device Network ID (DNI) looks correct, it has to be created by the Lutron Integrator app on Hubitat as a "child device" of that app for it to actually work (you can't tell from the UI what devices are child devices of apps, but it's how apps that create devices generally work). In the meantime, having a device with the same DNI that the Lutron app wants to create would actually prevent that from working, causing continued failure for you.

My suggestion would just be to remote the device, go back into the Lutron app, and see if hitting "Done" (you do generally need to "Done" your way out of things in Hubitat for changes to actually take effect) works. If not, maybe try removing and re-adding it in the Lutron integration app? You could also try manual vs. automatic setup, though I don't know if it lets you switch to manual after already doing it this way, and certainly either method should work...

PS - While not related to your problem, you can name the device whatever you want in Hubitat. No need for it to match (the ID is all that matters), though it's usually less confusing if it does, so not a bad plan!

1 Like

I initially tried without manually adding the Pico to the devices section and then looking at the logs to see if button presses were recognized. That's when I noticed things looked funky and it had me second-guessing whether I needed to also add the device manually.

The DNIs for my other two Picos are formatted like so: Ra2P-3-33. By comparison when I add a Pico device manually via "Add Virtual Device" and then select a Pico driver I get an DNI that looks like this: e8e5a402-6a63-4aac-b9f0-c766049fa88f

All of this tells me that adding it manually is likely wrong. I've tried deleting the manually added Pico device, have tried deleting the Audio Pico in the Lutron Integration/Integration app and re-adding it but the issue persists. I'm certain I had hit the Done button but went through the process again just in case.

I'm reluctant to remove/readd the Lutron Integration app and needing to reconfigure my other two Picos. The Lutron Integration doc also seems out of sync with the settings I'm seeing in that it references a "Use configuration list instead of interactive setup" option:

I remember using this when I originally set up my existing Picos. That option isn't there on my setup screen. I'm not all that concerned about this and suspect the option has been deprecated but the docs haven't been updated yet but mention it in case it's a sign there's something odd about by Lutron Integration instance.

Edit: It appears that option is only available when you first add a new Caseta/RA2 integration. Once you've added the integration the option is hidden and you need to use the Select Lutron Devices button.

You can disregard my comment about the DNI--I figured that's what you were trying to emulate with manually creating the Pico device. It won't help in any case, though without a conflicting DNI also wouldn't cause the trouble I was cautioning about. (Also, the "manual setup mode" I mentioned above is what I meant if you use the "Use configuration list instead of interactive setup" setting, so my guess that it may no longer be available as an option appears correct. It sounds scary, but I actually find it easier than clicking through the wizard to create all of my devices. But again, either way should work...)

If you have logging enabled on the "Lutron Telnet" device, you should at least see events come through when the Pico is pressed. But whether that happens is a different issue from whether the Lutron integration app itself successfully creates a device for you on Hubitat. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further if you don't see any errors in "Logs" when you click "Done" on the Lutron Integration app in Hubitat and seem to have everything else configured correctly. I did forget to ask that first thing before, so if you haven't tried looking there, that's not a bad place to start.

Tagging @bravenel as I assume he wrote this app and would have helpful insight here.

1 Like

Enabling logging on the Lutron Telnet device does show traffic so the Pico is working but still a mystery as to why the device never got created.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully, Bruce will chime in.

Switch over to "Use configuration list instead of interactive setup". This will convert everything you've entered into an editable list. Warning, you can't go back, so you may want to take a backup first in case you hate the other way. Then add your Pico to that list, and hit Done in the app. It is safe to edit that list and hit Done. It won't delete any devices if you remove them from the list, but it will create a device if it does not exist yet. If the Pico you added is in the system, but not working, remove it, and hit Done in the app again. That will create it over again.

That option isn't present:

It only seems to be there when the integration is first created. If it isn't selected initially, it's no longer available:

Can you show the App Status page for Lutron Integration (gear icon). It looks as though something is pretty messed up with your instance of it, and you probably need to remove it and start over.

Need to see all of it...

Any reason you’re still running such an old version? I wonder if any bug fixes have been released for the Lutron integration since 2.1.7... :thinking:

Sorry, updated previous post.

Yes, it appears hosed up. You should update the platform to 2.2.3 the latest available, under Settings / Check for Updates. After that, see if it shows the Configuration List. It may get fixed by the update.

This is the hub at my vacation home located 600 miles from my primary residence. I'm only here for a couple of days and generally don't do F/W updates unless I'm going to be on-site long enough to deal with update related issues.

1 Like

Thanks. Unfortunately, this will have to wait until I'm down here again in December.

@SteveV - did you ever get this issue resolved? I have the exact same issue with a Pico "shades" remote.

Unfortunately, no. I updated to 2.2.4.158 a couple of days ago hoping that would fix the Lutron Integration app. Alas, no such luck. At this point I'll probably delete my existing integration, remove and re-add the Lutron Integrator and see if that fixes the issue. I only have 2 Pico devices set up so while it's a PITA it's not the end of the world.