Life360 Broken

You can also adjust your setting at the bottom of the topic for what level of tracking you want. I suspect you want "Watching".

3 Likes

Is the app the built-in life360 or the user app life360+

Broken is the built in for me.

Perhaps what others may be heading towards... I'd also add there are a couple of threads covering this issue, so you may want to "watch" a few different topics... Or just frequent the Community :wink:

Life360+

I use virtual presence sensors, along with a rule to mirror the app's child devices to the virtual ones. So much easier to take one of these approaches so you can isolate effects of swapping out the app to one rule.

1 Like

That looks like the way to go to abstract devices we can't swap.

So I'm thinking this might be the way to go. The variables seem to be a little harder to work in when there are multiple devices. Could also be me doing it wrong.

For instance, I have a rule where if all are not present, wait for those devices. The wait will allow multiple devices to be selected, but only one variable. I had to create a second wait which doesn't work the same as waiting on either of the two devices.

Taking the extra step to let the variable mirror a virtual device takes me back to being able to select multiple items on a wait or other condition.

Yep, I am following those threads as well

1 Like

+1

I tried to implement these fixes but I am still getting a 403 error

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the app won't show up

Are we talking about Life 360+? Won't show up where? Unless you deleted the Apps code for Life 360+, it should be there to choose from when you add a new user app.

It has worked fine for me since removing and reinstalling.

1 Like

Think people talking about two different things here. Some are referring to the Life360 Connector built-in app on Hubitat which is broken again. Authentication issue back to your Life360 account.

Others may be referring to the stand-alone Life360+ app on their mobile devices.

Is anyone aware if the built-in Life360 Connector developers are even aware of the issue these last 4 days? How do we report it?

Yes the Hubitat team is aware.

We are monitoring closely the number of incidents reported. Life 360 is going through a lot of backend changes, and making any changes on our part before they complete their transition may make things worse for more people than it solves.

There are increased number of outages worldwide being reported, so the problem is not over yet..

https://downdetector.com/status/life360/

7 Likes

Personally, I’ve had enough of the Life360 issues and am in the process of binning it off in favour of Geofency, which seems to be much more reliable so far, and allows different geofence radiuses for each user (which solves my daughters Life360 false arrivals when she’s just passing near the geofence).

If you have a Homepod/Homepod mini, apples version is pretty good.

That's why I asked which one adamjacob86 was talking about when he said the app didn't show up.

There are at least three Life 360 integration apps for Hubitat - the built-in one, the one from BPTWorld which is no longer maintained or supported. And the one I use, and which has active support, is [RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN). All three of these, I believe, were affected by changes to the Life 360 cloud interface. There are multiple threads discussing this.

Of course, there is a mobile app Life 360 that is the app that provides presence information via the cloud to all three, but that's not what Life 360+ refers to.