Life360 Broken

@bravenel any fix coming for this?

The issue is at the Life360 end.

HA community did a fix on their end.

Yes, there’s no reason to believe that fix will be permanent. Life360 have themselves requested users to refrain from changes until things are sorted out at their end.

Please read this:

7 Likes

Just here to throw my "me too" into the mix, hopefully resolved soon.

1 Like

As of 1131 EST, the Life360 Internal App has reconnected to their server and appears to be working.

3 Likes

I concur; mine has authenticated and is working as intended.

2 Likes

Rug-roh….

Life360 break their toys again?

Yup, it just broke for me as well.
The fix is using a community app (which you can change the code for). I used Life360+.
There are two things to change:

• The URL (line 175) to def url = "https://api-cloudfront.life360.com:443/v3/oauth2/token.json"
  • The Authorization header (line 184) to httpPost(uri: url, body: postBody, headers: ["Authorization": "Basic Y2F0aGFwYWNyQVBoZUtVc3RlOGV2ZXZldnVjSGFmZVRydVl1ZnJhYzpkOEM5ZVlVdkE2dUZ1YnJ1SmVnZXRyZVZ1dFJlQ1JVWQ==" ]) {response ->

That should fix it for now.

Nooooo!

The workaround works. And you can keep using Life360+, it works better than the stock up.

1 Like

Is the transfer over easy?

For some reason, I didn't find the life360 devices in the "swap in apps" option in Settings, so I had to transfer manually, so I guess it depends on how much you use the devices in apps. For me, it was just he mode manager, dashboards, and a couple of rules, so not terrible.

FYI - Child Devices are not eligible for "Swap in Apps". The Life360 Parent App creates the child devices.

2 Likes

Ah, got it. Doesn't make tons of sense to me, why does it matter? Not sure why it shouldn't be possible to swap a child device with a virtual presence device.

5 Likes

I learned this the hard way a while ago... This is why I use global variables and point them to the child device. IE: @User1_Location = User1_Life360... Especially helpful for webcore and not having to change all of the devices in pistons whenever there's a glitch with Life 360.

1 Like

Tagging myself here in case there is an update to the Life360 app, since it’s broken again…

1 Like

I'll check out the workaround but the swap is going to be a pain. Hopefully they'll get it back up and running pretty quickly. Our whole setup goes haywire when they doesn't work. I may need to redesign it so we're not so dependent on it being up and running.

I removed the application. I was getting an error when I went in to confirm the config. I removed and readded the application and so far it is working for me.