Leaksmart water valve?

So you just use it as a means to remotely turn off your water to the house? Anyone know if those leak sensors work in Hubitat?

I have SmartThings And Iris Moisture Sensors that will turn off the water valve Incase of a leak.

Should work, ST driver installs directly in HE

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ericvitale/ST-leakSmart-Sensor/master/devicetypes/ericvitale/leaksmart-sensor.src/leaksmart-sensor.groovy

VJV, can you please tell me if the valve is a repeater for zigbee? In particular I am wondering about xiaomi devices, as I need to stay away from incompatible repeaters.
I was worried about my Hampton Bay zigbee fan controller, but it is not a repeater, so perfect.
thank you

The valve does not repeat. I have one and the Xiaomi leak sensor right next to it does not route through the valve when I look at the Zigbee map with my Xbee. It instead prefers the Trådfri outlet I have upstairs, just above it.

HSM will shut the valve off when there's a leak. I have two of the leakSmart sensors. They work too, but the temp reading is out of wack. Here's the driver code.

Thanks "SHP". Just got my leaksmart valve and it connected right away. It is only an end device, and not a router, as mains powered devices can be, exactly as you pointed out.

Used the smartthings handler, open close works, albeit with a 2-3 second delay, and I'm getting battery voltage reports. Overall happy, especially for the 35 bucks I paid for open box(like new) from fleabay

2 Likes

Yeah, it's really a battery powered device with a power adapter. Sweet deal on that valve!

@vjv I'm new so bear with me... I can add this driver code, but then what? How do I make it control the valve?

Thanks for this BTW!

1 Like

Go to the device details page for the valve and change the driver to use the custom driver you just added. User created drivers are near the bottom of the list.

1 Like

@charlesrblack

To what @SmartHomePrimer has said, let me add one thing. After you change the driver, then you should hit the Configure button on the device page for the valve.

2 Likes

Just figured it out, thanks!

3 Likes

Driver works like a charm. I have added Samsung 2 gen water leak sensor GP-U999SJVLCAA without any issues.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get the battery level to report correctly? I am seeing the battery voltage attribute but only after refreshing.

In looking at the logs and code for the custom device driver, the battery level calculation is failing when attempting to parse one of the Zigbee messages. I wasn't sure if this was a code conversion issue or just that the platform isn't sending/receiving the value.

hi , is it possible to share how you discover the watervavle leaksmart device,,,,i did try zigbee and zigbee one no luck. aslo saved this code in drivers?

thank you

Hello @medsam3, and welcome to Hubitat!

The Leaksmart water valve is discoverable as a zigbee device. I have paired them twice to Hubitat. Because there are three versions of this device, I have pasted a picture of the one that I use (the first generation valve) below:

The second generation version, shown below, is all black and also works with Hubitat:

I am unsure if the third generation valve, shown below, works with Hubitat:

1 Like

hi @aaiyar ,
yup i have the first pic.
can you share steps pls.

i went to http://192.168.2.24/hub/scanDevice > start zigbee pairing , & my smart leak, the blue antenna is blinking. tried to turn it off and on.

my first time, using hubitat, throwing away the wink2.

thanks lot ,,,apprciate your help

1 Like

You should first factory reset the leaksmart valve. Also, I recommend pairing it very close to the Hubitat.

Finally, do a shutdown of the Hubitat (from the menu: Settings -> Shutdown). Then remove the powerplug from the wall socket. Wait 30 seconds, and power up the Hubitat again.

Then attempt pairing.

Note: because the microUSB connector can be fragile, I do not recommend disconnecting power using the microUSB end. Use the plug end instead.

Edit: To factory reset, press the center button 5 times, very quickly. The blue light should blink twice every two seconds upon successful reset (and entry into pairing mode).

1 Like

the trick worked,,,,weird it's brand new and needed to reboot , nice call:)
i think i did reset leaksmart.
happy that worked

Manufacturer: WAXMAN

Product Name:

Model Number: leakSMART Water Valve v2.10.

i did save code for driver,,ill see how it goes,,,but really appreciate it.

update: i got it working to control it too,,,,amazing :slight_smile: thanks for code too. guess ill just add all my devices and do automation,,,thanks everyone.

1 Like

I'll add that on the 1st generation models, I believe Leaksmart uses the same electronics console across the different valve body sizes. I picked up a 3/4" v1 model and swapped the console with my more expensive 1" v1 main. Fit well, though I did not activate it on HE. I'm reasonable certain it is the same unit, so I'm keeping the 3/4" module as a spare.

1 Like