Integrating Samsung Washer & Dryer

I have a 'smart' Samsung washer/dryer pair that I've recently set up for control and notifications via Smartthings. I really only care about the notifications.

They each had to have a dongle added and be allowed onto my wifi network. Neither is set up using a Smartthings HUB (I do have one in a drawer somewhere). The pair currently push their notifications to the Smartthings APP on my phone.

I've found several ways to see the status of devices on a Smartthings HUB but I'm trying to see the devices without one. I would prefer to see the devices directly in HE, but I'd settle for being able to trigger actions off the notifications pushed to my phone.

Are either of these things possible without a hub? I assume they're just on my wifi communicating with my phone (I'm going to check this). Would really appreciate any help or shortcuts if someone already knows the answer from dealing with this before.

This topic may be useful and @djgutheinz may have some insights into what is possible.

Thank you, I'll go read that right now!

Nothing to read at the moment.

I have completed a Hubitat-SmartThings Integration for the Samsung TV's (2016 and later).

In that process, I learned how to get the device information for all SmartThings devices in your phone app (at least all of mine). I already have a partially coded version of this development code.

From the developement code, I can parse out the available methods and determine how to call them from SmartThings. Then, I may need raw data to create parse routine(s) to set the states/attributes in Hubitat.

Development is be an interactive process. You would have to install and run my development code (with instructions to set up) and pass the logged data to me (I do not have a newer samsung washer/dryer nor refridgerator). I would tell you the available commands for a driver and write a test version. You would test and provide logs and feedback. From that I would create the final driver and publish for all users.

If interested, I will dust off the code tomorrow and provide to you. We will go to Private Messaging to reduce garbage in threads. If successful, I will then publish here and in Hubitat Package Manager noted as user supported code.

Dave

1 Like

I'm certainly willing to give it a shot if you think it would work and I wouldn't be wasting your time. I'm still pretty new and I've only been tinkering in my free time, but I'm generally tech savvy, can read code and can troubleshoot well enough once I get a feel for things.

I have a new Samsung range if you need anyone to test one. It’s connected to the SmartThings app of course.

I hope to get the test code on GitHub today. It will indicate if my implementation can see the device(s) and if so the defined capabilities, commands, and data in SmartThings.

Dave

1 Like

Definitely involve you. Code out today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Code location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Test-Code/master/ST Development Tool.groovy
Please PM me with your results.

Instructions:

• Install driver
  • Install virtual device with type "ST Development" (in drop-down)
  • Get SM Token and copy to preference "SmartThings API Key"
  • Save Preferences
  • Open a logging tab
  • Run command "st Device List"
    • Copy Log Page for sending to me
  • Select device you want to install and
    • Copy deviceId value
    • Copy value to "st Get Device List"
    • Execute the command
  • Iterate for other devices you want.
  • Copy log data and forward to me.

Example ST Device List output:

DenTV: [stLabel:DenTV, deviceId:7e19491f-48f0-5e57-a973-8d63d28bd311, deviceName:[TV] DenTV, main:[ocf, switch, audioVolume, audioMute, tvChannel, mediaInputSource, mediaPlayback, mediaTrackControl, custom.error, custom.picturemode, custom.soundmode, custom.accessibility, custom.launchapp, custom.recording, custom.tvsearch, custom.disabledCapabilities, samsungvd.ambient, samsungvd.ambientContent, samsungvd.ambient18, samsungvd.mediaInputSource, refresh, execute, samsungvd.firmwareVersion, samsungvd.supportsPowerOnByOcf, sec.diagnosticsInformation]]

dev:68982022-04-10 14:25:44.635 info[TEST, 1.0.0]::

dev:68982022-04-10 14:25:44.633 info[TEST, 1.0.0]:: Front Doorbell: [stLabel:Front Doorbell, deviceId:0d1ed399-7f21-475b-9c8a-8de758f880ea, deviceName:c2c-ring-doorbell-battery-rtsp, main:[refresh, healthCheck, videoStream, motionSensor, button, battery]]

Example st Get Device Status for Front Doorbell:

[TEST, 1.0.0]:: stGetDeviceStatus: [0d1ed399-7f21-475b-9c8a-8de758f880ea : [status:OK, data:[components:[main:[button:[button:[value:up, timestamp:2022-04-09T13:26:25.745Z], numberOfButtons:[value:1, timestamp:2022-02-23T18:29:01.475Z], supportedButtonValues:[value:[pushed], timestamp:2022-02-23T18:29:01.475Z]], videoStream:[stream:[value:null]], healthCheck:[checkInterval:[value:60, unit:s, data:[deviceScheme:UNTRACKED, protocol:cloud], timestamp:2022-02-23T18:29:01.208Z], healthStatus:[value:null], DeviceWatch-Enroll:[value:null], DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus:[value:online, data:[:], timestamp:2022-02-23T18:29:01.475Z]], refresh:[:], motionSensor:[motion:[value:inactive, timestamp:2022-04-09T21:28:47.433Z]], battery:[battery:[value:100, unit:%, timestamp:2022-03-14T13:26:29.933Z]]]]]]]

2 Likes

Hi Dave, thanks so much for poking around at the Samsung API.

I've got a new Samsung fridge that I'm trying to connect to my HE and came across your experimentation with a driver. I've followed your instructions above and added the driver you provided. I then created a virtual device and changed the driver to ST Development. I used the link you provided and created an API code with all the options ticked on the Samsung page. I entered the API in the device, saved it and then clicked the "ST Device LIst" button.

Unfortunately I don't seem to get any information in my log file after doing this. I've tried creating the API key as well as the virtual device in HE, but have the same results. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing, but I'm hoping you could offer some insight.
FWIW I also don't get any log information even if I leave the API field empty in the device.

Cheers!

Hey Jamie, this is still a work in progress and the links above won't currently work as described in the above posts. I'm currently working with Dave on this and he updates the links with iterations of the driver, but with different instructions DM'd to me in private to reduce the thread length here once we're finished. That said, we are making great progress on the washer and dryer and I suspect this will also carry over to other Samsung devices.

It's a little ways off from him posting it yet I suspect. And I have no timeline on other appliances, but I suspect Dave will reply himself in that regard. He seemed readily willing to help with the above post about a microwave so I suspect he'll be willing to help with the fridge as well once we wrap these up. I obviously can't speak for him directly though.

Edit: Forgot to mention that we'll update here when the driver is finished for the washer/dryer (and I believe Dave will post elsewhere as well).

Do you have the fridge connected to your SmartThings account?

Great, I appreciate the update & look forward to seeing the integration between my fridge & HE. If there's anything I can do to help troubleshoot please let me know.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion Ken. I do have my fridge all set up in my ST account. It sounds like the driver is undergoing some changes, so I'll wait it out for a bit until it's ready for more testing.

1 Like

I imagine Dave will want to count you in at some point to complete the appliance collection :joy:

I would love to work with you. I am developing a new data collection driver. It will be out this week and I will beef up the instructions for you.

My objectives is very simple: create a design that includes the code repository as a consideration.

• An integration app
    • User provides Key
    • App lists available devices
    • User selects device
    • Device is automatically installed
    • Includes the data collection tools for new ST devices to consider
  • Create some of the drivers completely
    • I will work any that users want to work with me
    • Allow others to create their own drivers
  • A code infrastructure based on using Hubitat Bundles for distribution and includes
    • The basic APP
    • Driver Code
      • Sample DRIVER CODE (documented)
      • New Driver Template (not documented)
    • Common Libraries
      • Communications
      • Common methods based on the ST Capabilities (i.e., switch (on/off), refresh)
    • Documentation on the nuances of operating between Hubitat and STs (Example, to refresh, you have to send STs a refresh command, wait 1, then get the data from STs.)

Dave

2 Likes

I have created a new data collection tool (I think it is better) as well as instructions.

Instructions: Test-Code/HubitatSmartThingDataCollection.pdf at master Β· DaveGut/Test-Code (github.com)

Data Collect Driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Test-Code/master/ST Data Collect Tool.groovy

2 Likes

That's great Dave! Thanks for all the work, I'll give this a shot and report back here.

Dave, I'm not crazy about send you the device IDs. Do you have any directions so we can do it ourselves?

What deviced do you have?