I'm off the cloud! (mostly)

Three months ago I was totally cloud dependent. Today is a milestone for my home...between the websockets Harmony integration and the new Centralite Pearl thermostat I just finished installing, I'm off the cloud! (not counting Google Home, push notifications, or mobile presence since those are cloud-dependent by nature :wink: )

SmartThings -> Hubitat
webCoRE -> Rule Machine
MyQ -> Local control with a relay and a ported smartapp
Honeywell TCC -> Centralite Thermostat with Thermostat Scheduler
Harmony Cloud -> @ogiewon websockets integration
Google Assistant Relay -> native Chromecast integration
TP-Link Kasa outlets -> Iris zigbee outlets

Thanks to all of the Hubitat staff and community devs for your work, couldn't be happier to be a part of this community :smiley:

7 Likes

Come on, spit it

2 Likes

Hardware mod:

App:

1 Like

Congratulations! It is amazing how far Hubitat Elevation has come in such a short time. Great product, great development/support team, and a great community!

4 Likes

Forgot to add, my Raspberry Pi is sitting unused now too, at one point on ST I was running 5 different node.js apps to translate between ST and various other things. Even better that everything I'm using now runs exclusively on the HE hub :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice, I was using my Pi for the Google Assistant, not needed now

1 Like

If you still have TP-Link devices, I have a new driver that uses UDP and does not use Node.js.

1 Like

Thanks for the info and your work on the drivers...I did end up selling them so no longer have.

Seeing this thread prompted me to finish swapping out 2 tp-link in-wall switches with jasco zigbees. This leaves 2 Broadlink IR mini blasters, then I'm off the (Chinese) cloud.

1 Like

A shame on TP-LInk. Just finished a non-cloud Hubitat driver.

1 Like

I have his TP Link outlets, and would be interested in that driver if you would care to share. Thanks

@djgutheinz , will the devices continue to function if one was to simply replace the existing driver with the new UDP driver?

J

He posted them here

1 Like

Copied from the GitHub site first page:

Recommendation: Upgrade is not required until you add (in the future) a new device type. However, the significant advantages are that the new integration is off the cloud and does not require a separate node.js server.

Generally, the upgrade instructions are relatively simple:

a. Replace the contents of the existing driver and (if applicable) application.

b. If you have an application, Run the application (this will update some of the data elements.

c. For each device:

1.  Set the Bulb Preference "Default transition Time" to a desired value.

2.  Set the Bulb Preference "Hue" to Low Rez.

3.  For each device, "Save" the preferences.

This should work in 95% of the cases.