Hubitat Mobile App Released

Get a private email address for MS Live or GMail or something.

Lots of things going on, heh. Anyone have issues with onboarding a new user? I added the app for an iOS device, started to create a user, and the verify code process does not work (and no way to click resend because the keyboard is covering it...). But I close everything out, try logging in, and it proceeds to the "find a hub" since no email attached. I click on the hub but... nothing happens other than it loading. Can I not assign multiple accounts to my hub? Does everyone in my family just use one login?

Patrick, you and the team continue to "Rock it"

Thanks a ton for all the great work

Rick

2 Likes

can you give me the email address the code is coming from?

accountverification at hubitat.com

This process is handled in portal. But the new portal wasn't ready to fully roll out so it's currently available at https://portal.hubitat.com and if you log in with your hubs main account it will show up in my hubs. From there you can select the hub image and a dialog will open up allowing you to assign other existing users to that hub. Once this is done, they can also log in and see the main hub.

Is there a way to resolve this, I came home earlier and the presence dropped In and out several times(Driving)?

A great App btw :slight_smile:

Ha ha habcdefg

Please check your PM

@patrick Notifications question on iOS - I am testing the notifications with HE app on iOS. I receive the iOS notification tile that something happens. When I click on the notification the app opens and defaults to the dashboard verses going to the notification. Also when I go into app, settings, notification list there is nothing there. Not sure if this is a bug.

Not a bug unfortunately. This is how it is designed. The only way to view a list of notifications is by setting up a tile on a dashboard and viewing its history. Feature request to view in the app itself has already been made.

2 Likes

Would be ideal to have similar functionality as PushOver. Thanks for quick response.

Yup. It's one of the main reason I don't use the HE app for notification. I probably won't ever use it now that I have already paid for pushover and use it with NR, my IP cameras,etc. It's just too powerful to give up now that I'm used to it .

4 Likes

I have the same feeling about join...

1 Like

I used the Join Api for the trial period as well (actually threw together a quick driver for HE a while back) If I hadn't already paid for Pushover, (and the fact that pushover became built in) I would have gone that route.

I've purchased both. I like join mainly because it is so integrated with tasker. Also the ability to paste clipboard from one device to another has saved me lots of tedious typing things in manually on my mobile devices.

I am an auto apps fan boy I suppose.

I actually modified your join driver a bit to allow some nice notifications with action buttons. Also modified it another time to make a SMS driver. So can send unlimited SMS as well.

Thanks again btw. I have used it extensively in my setup.

@patrick
Is the relationship between created mobile virtual device in HE and physical device(phone,tablet) is one to one or one to many? In another words, if I want to use the same virtual device for both my phone and tablet, which app allows, are they both supposed to receive notification messages at the same time? Right now only one physical device receives the notifications at a time. Is it a bug or by design?

Nope, that's the way the app currently works. It is not intended to go to the notification list. Tapping a notification is just a shortcut to open the app.

By design. Each device needs it's own hub device. The ability to pick an existing one is mainly for switching phones / upgrading.

Excellent forward thinking!

1 Like