Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Wow, thanks for the detaled overview of your setup @saxnix. I'll take a closer look and may introduce some of that into my setup.

Thanks for the tip on the repeaters @jchurch. I haven't moved my bulbs to HE yet, so not sure if this may have played a part in the different pairing experience between Hue and HE. I am thinking I may eventually bring everything over to HE. Either way, I think I may benefit from getting some, I'll take a look at the IKEA ones.

1 Like

Another quick note on the repeaters, just noticed on the specs for the Nue 3-gang, it is quoted as being a repeater as well. Obviously this wouldn't help with it pairing, but interesting to know nonetheless.

Looks like your right about the potentual overload on the switch @jchurch. I just checked the specs on the 3-gang and it says 300W per switch and I have 4x275W bulbs. Checked with the electrician and he said it's not good, so I'll need to follow up with them sometime soon to sort it out.

1 Like

1 is an IXL and not sure of the brand of the other one, but I had a look at the bulbs and they are 275w each. The sparkie looked at it all and didn't notice any issue - tested everything when he was done. I wasn't aware of the max 300w limitation, but there hasn't been any problems as of this stage. Might need to remove one of the lamps??

1 Like

Just a note with the Nue stuff. I've been using them the longest here at HE, and brought over the device handler from SmartThings (somewhat terribly). A few things:

• the retailer wont answer my emails about faulty products. Just ignores me. I would not buy any more from them/him.
  • the devices do repeat, but they dont show any child devices connected to them through the http://HUBip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo which can be problematic. Also, once children are routed through 3a switch, the switch nevers lets go. Creates issues when the power goes out, because the child devices cant see the parent switch, and drop off the network.
1 Like

To add to this, regarding the Power Points, I had difficultly finding a sparkie who would install them as the design is not a safe as other models out there. I would love a refund on them so I could buy and have installed a safer model. For more info, please see my post about 4 weeks back.

It's weird that Kevin doesn't respond to you, every time I email him he's actually been pretty quick. I even had a switch LED fail (the blue/red led) including a switch genuinely fail and he replaced them both for me within a week. Just surprised to hear your finding this. Maybe try call him?

In relation to showing child devices in the route table that's true you don't but you do see it using an Xbee. Also with a power outage, I haven't found the child devices drop off the network like that. Out of interest what length of power outage do you find that occurs? like simply cutting the power briefly?

Even with an XBee I dont see anything connected via the Nue switches. I bought an Xbee because I was wondering what caused it. I also have two HE hubs, and I moved all my nue switches over to my second hub, and then all the child devices appeared in the first hub. So it's the Nue devices.

Power outage was <5 mins but three times. It was me turning the power off to do something for a few minutes, leaving on for a few minutes, and repeating twice more.

1 Like

Interesting, you know what it's probably the generation of the Nue switches, because we have identified in the past your's were old ones and Kevin was bringing in newer versions with switches inside to turn leds on/off etc. I can 100% confirm I have turned the power off /on HEAPS due to trades coming and going sometimes up to an hr etc and never had any device drop off.

EDIT: the only time I had drops was months ago and it was only my Schlage door lock, Iris v3 keypad and Samsung button all the Xiaomi's were rock solid. In the end I purchased 3 IKEA repeaters and installed front, mid and back of house and never had an issue again.

I'd be very careful mate, just because it works now it may not overtime and worse case could cause a fire. This is why i avoided it in the end. I figured in the future someone might bring a 3gang 1000w switch out or something and i'd then swap it out. In fact some of the non-AU devices such as Sonoff Mini's take 1200w (from memory) so once something like that comes out to accept multi relays that would be the go. Also Shelly is another one to watch here they have a dual relay and you'd imagine 3 relay items in the works too.

EDIT: I have majority of my bathroom automated such as heated towel rack (very nice btw) and also the fan/light are mirrored. I did the mirroring of the fan/light as my wife always got up me about not turning the fan on when I showered :rofl: :joy:

Ordered a PowerPal (on special for VIC at the moment) & just installed it.
Now I'm refreshing the app constantly, waiting for data to build up :joy:

Did you ever look into their API? I might play around with it on the weekend...

Why not have your sparky wire in a "contactor" so that the NUE switch, is only in fact, switching a low current 240v feed.
A contactor is like a big relay able to handle high current loads.
The NUE switch activates the low current side of the contactor which activates the high current side ofr the lamps.
Something like THIS might work

1 Like

What about these as an alternative to nue's switches? 4-gang wifi switch at 1000W per switch.

Edit: smaller gangs available

1 Like

@njanda. Found these also - no idea on pricing tho!
Stitchy RGB - M-Elec LED Lighting

2 Likes

You'd be better off just getting one of these mate, I have the 1gangs installed in all my bedrooms they are really nice switches.

EDIT: Just realised they are 2500w for these Deta switches too :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I actually put them in touch with Mike, not sure what happened etc but they have definitely communicated so I wouldn't be surprised if official HE support comes in for them.

3 Likes

The 4-gang says it's 2500W. Is that combined or per switch? Be great if it's per switch. If your 1-gang is rated as 2500W then hopefully that is the case.

1 Like

That would be total load across the entire switch which is plenty though. I'd definitely get yours switched to this. I see they don't have a 3gang which is a shame.

Not sure about the 1gang as its not listed on their site but you'd imagine it's the same. You could reach out to Bunnings on that. btw, you just flash these with Tuya Convert as they are ESP8266 chips.

1 Like

Thanks @jchurch I'll check them out and speak will my electrician. Also be good to know someone else has them installed here on the community.

1 Like