Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

More products from Sonoff on the way.

Yes, it looks really cool, that Zigbee chip is not yet supported in Tasmota, but it's an ESP8266 that runs that bridge, so it'll probably be added soon enough. I will definitely get one to see what fun can be done with it.

1 Like

Be nice to have a certified Zigbee in wall relay/repeater version of something like this...

Anyone tried one of these on HE ??

@bigrizz, you got some mercator down lights - it looks liek they also do Relay & Dimmer modules. see HERE I'm going to see if I can find out a price tomorrow.

Will be interested to see pricing!!

EDIT: Actually, found this place!
https://www.electricalproducts.com.au/smart-in-wall-switch-white-sswi01-mercator-lighting.html

Ha, I just found that link as well. I think $95 is a tad expensive.
I'd be more interested if they were around $60-$70 bucks but maybe they're shifting as many as they want too.

It is pricey considering you can get Aeotec/Fibaro switches for the same price!! And are known!

Especially because we can all bring these in from the same country of manufacture...

FOR $20 bucks !!
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Zigbee-protocol-Smart-Light-Switch-work_62496069754.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.37.769c638ay0xZOB

Exactly!
Wonder if anyone has tried these?
For 20 bucks it would worth a shot

Iโ€™ve sent them an email asking for confirmation that the device is actually Zigbee because the page is somewhat confused. LOL

I noticed that! Zigbee or Wifi??? Take a guess!! lol

Got this from Alibaba store ..image so I guess I'll throw a little cash their way.
Now should I just get the 1 or maybe pickup a few and "save" on shipping ??
Perhaps they'd get here quickly and I'll have something extra to play with whilst I'm in isolation. :slight_smile:

Did anyone end up getting the nue zigbee switches to work directly with HE? I got the 3-gang installed today and could hook it up to a hue bridge no problem but HE didn't discover it.

Simon

Yep, mine discovered and connected fine. My 3 are in bathrooms 2 connected to Light/Exhaust/Heat lamp devices, and 1 lighting in the robe and ensuite.

1 Like

Hi,
Mine are connected now, moved the HE hub slightly and it connected, must be a poor connection. I've also got my 3-gang the bathroom, replacing a light / fan / heat switch.

I responded to you comment from the email I received, not sure where that ends up.

Thanks,
Simon

Any idea how well ZigBee would perform inwall, behind a switch and encased in a wall box?

The 4 Zigbee devices I have are buried in wall and have no issues at all.
It all comes down to having a solid mesh. To me that means ensuring there are multiple paths back to the hub from any device so Iโ€™m planning on making sure I have lots of repeaters. Probably up to 1 per room.
Light switches and outlets like the NUE ones are repeaters but I also have some need for in wall, relay type Devices which again will be mains powered and therefore, repeaters.
Iโ€™m trying to avoid plugin repeaters like the Ikea ones.
I currently have a mix of Zwave and Zigbee devices all running pretty nicely off a single HE hub.
Iโ€™ve just had a couple of really small re-pairing issues with Zwave devices that suggest to me that the longer term goal is to get to be fully Zigbee. It just seems to be a little more easily, โ€œrecoverableโ€ should something go bad.

1 Like

Shipping is a killer.
I'd be keen to get a couple and split shipping if you interested?

I have 9 Nue switches 2 of which are 3gang's and they work fine. I suggest getting some IKEA repeaters, I purchased 3 to strengthen my network as I had my front door lock and entry keypad fall off a couple of times but since adding them months ago I haven't had a single issue and they all work well together.

2 Likes

The sparky told me that a lot of the bathroom units are wired so that you can only have either the light or the heat on, not both, and that you should always have the exhaust fan on when the heat lamp is on. Mine wasn't wired that way, so 5 minutes later I had these 3 rules created;

I then added a humidity sensor located between the shower and the fan, and added the Smart Humidity Fan app from @napalmcsr which automatically turns the fan on/off.

Then, in webCoRE I created 2 rules to control the heat lamp in certain conditions;

and

Edit: I used webCoRE, as a non-programmer I find it easier to use sometimes, and had some complex rules set up on it from SmartThings that I wasn't easily able to convert to Rule Machine. I needed to use it for those rules, so figured I would use it here too, even though they are quite simple.

2 Likes

What 3 in 1 bathroom unit are you running? I considered this when building my house but when I had a look at my specs I found the heating bulbs pull 275w each and the Nue switches only allow a max of 300w. There is a 1gang 1000w separate switch but I didn't want too much stuff on the wall.