Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

That's great news!

Ive never flashed a device before or done this, what are the high level steps?

Started a new thread: Guidance on flashing Lucci Connect fan remote

2 Likes

looking at these, but are these only wifi? not sure if i can do 20+ wifi switches/plugs

If your talking about the Bunnings switches then yes they are WiFi only. You can run heaps of WiFi devices so long as you have a solid Wifi platform, I use Ubiquiti which is very capable of running plenty of WiFi devices comfortably.

1 Like

You can still see the pins but they are 6mm below the PCB so you can't touch them without sticking something small enough in the cutouts.

Mine has a significantly different design... You can see in yours that the pins are much less exposed.

GPO-1
GPO-2

I can see the the electrician's point and why they changed the design. I'd hate to think what would happen if a kid got the face plate off.

1 Like

Yeah, that was their point. It really was a dodgy design I am stuck with from A3 Smart Home.

1 Like

Holy moly. Don't blame the sparky for the concerns there. I've decided to mostly go with microcontrollers with standard clipsal switches instead of those style of switches to avoid those concerns myself.

Pretty sure those Nue PowerPoints don't have AU/NZ certification.

Ask A3 Smart Home to replace them because that looks real DANGEROUS !
They MUST have RCM compliance which includes EMI and Electrical Safety !

Yep, I decided this morning after seeing the updated design that I will ask them to replace them. Didn't get around to it today, but will reach out to them tomorrow to see what they say. Thanks for everyone's input on this.

2 Likes

yeah they definately are no good and i wouldn't install them either. The light switches that i have seem fine though.

1 Like

I must say those SmartThings door sensors that I bought last week have not missed a beat. They work really well. No false readings, and they even seem to do the debounce thing well. I wont be buying anything but them going forward. Thanks for the tip, came from this thread.

2 Likes

Same here mate, they've been much more reliable than the xiaomi one's.

1 Like

oh yeah. They give back in NOT lost time LOL

1 Like

Anyone know of any good Zigbee lux sensors available in Aus?

Iā€™d like to add some lux conditions to my motion lighting rules :slight_smile:

Philips Hue Motion is a good combined unit. I don't know of a single LUX only Zigbee device

1 Like

Can you please confirm that we are talking about the same switch from A3 Smart Home?

Just looking at your photo again, and it looks like the on/off switches would be to the outside of the points, vs to the inside which mine are.

Anyone else purchased the switch from A3 Smart Home who could also take off their faceplate and take a photo and share? Reason I ask is that the store is telling me that there hasn't been a redesign??

Wow, yeah confusion reigns.
If you look at Amazon : https://www.amazon.com.au/Approved-Standard-Nue-SmartThings-Automation/dp/B07GX943VP
That page calls them NUE outlets and has switches on the OUTSIDE and lists 3A smart home in the certification.
3A smartHome page shows outlets with Switches INSIDE.
So something fishy is definitely going on.?