Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Anyone got pricing on the devices ??

Not what I would call cheap

No. Not at all
:expressionless:

Similar pricing to the Z-Wave modules available in Aus. Which is to say... expensive. :frowning:

2 Likes

Ouch! Over 100 bucks a pop. I'm prepared to pay a premium for local but at 4-6 times that of the imported stuff, it's a tough sell. I feel for them. A challenge to compete with low cost Asian countries and high volume markets like the US or Europe.

Yep i got quoted $106 each through work from a wholesaler. Was hoping they'd be a fair bit less.

Has anyone used the Sengled Element downlights? https://www.sengled.com.au/shop/element-downlight-single/

I ask because Bunnings have these priced rather oddly. Rrp of 59 (JB HiFi) with sale price of 45 at nimble. Yet Bunnings seems to be selling them without sale at 29, and without listing them on the website.

they look interesting for the Museum as we have cabinets with stuffed light fittings and lights. They might fit if I pull the existing shite housing's out, and could then do lighting matched to audio. Might be off to Bunnings this arvo and will have a look and maybe add one to the test bench to play with...…..

1 Like

Got one to test with and it works pretty well with he. Only issue is it is very bright and small spot that doesn't dim very low, which is fine for where I want to use it, but not great for bedroom for dimming low.

1 Like

Hi All, melec.com.au aka Stitchy came back to me and I put them in touch with Mike (HE) as they were keen. Anyways watch this space but yeah their pricing is still up there.. bloody Aussie tax hey :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sounds ideal for what I want. I grabbed one this arvo as well ! I will see if I can fit it to the housing on the cabinets.

Don't know why Bunnings sell them so cheap. Could be a price error or a clearance price that is hanging around.

Some neat ZigBee bits and bobs [here](KONKE Official Store https://a.aliexpress.com/_sEpA3e). Anyone try any of it before? The buttons and motion sensors look neat.

1 Like

Xiaomi cousins which I believe have similar β€˜issues’.
Unless they’re Zigbee 3.0, I’d be wary !

I believe they've got a number of oddities. Only work on specific zigbee channels, send odd messages like an active for Motion but no inaction.

To he honest, my thoughts now is to generally pay a bit more (when on sale of course) for branded items. They just seem to work with far less issues.

2 Likes

They advertise them as Zigbee 3.0. But as @gbrown suggests, may well have issues of their own. Was just curious to know if anyone had direct experience, that's all. I'm pretty well stacked with bits and bobs for the time being.

Having said that about branded products. The temp sensor from blitzwolf still interests me. Did anyone get one yet?

1 Like

Same here !
BUT.....I just visited MBK Market in Bangkok this week, home of the knock offs and Picked up wireless AirPods for the misses and I for $30 a pop, amongst other things. He he

The issue they have is they only work on zigbee channels 15, 20 & 25.
This post kind expalins why Konke limited to these channels.
I've been thinking of getting the button as there is a community driver and it apparently works without issue.

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive so hopefully it arrives soon. I've also go the motion sensor coming with it but Chinese new year is slowing everything down.