[Release] Konke ZigBee Temperature Humidity Sensor Driver

It’s stuff like that. One of my LeakSmart sensors reads a plus value, and the other reads -215%. Same firmware, same driver. It’s just nonsense.

1 Like

Well, I would think that is more likely than not a DRIVER problem, and not a device problem... But I guess anything is possible.

What is the event saying the raw volts are? If something crazy negative, yeah that would be weird and could be a device issue.

If it were a driver problem, then you’d expect either the same results on each device, which are identical, or you would expect the radically different results wouldn’t be consistent off between devices, but they are. The driver probably is to blame actually, I don’t disagree, but the compensation value doesn’t work because the value jumps all over the place within the same sensor. Both do that, but at different ends of the scale.

Those sensors have built-in monitoring and beep when low. Good enough for me. I know roughly their battery service length and I test leak sensors once a month or so.

I am travelling today so had some time to Google. And you're right - every reference says channels 15 20 25 only.

Oh well, I'll try it on my current 17 and 18 anyway. If it doesn't work, maybe I'll move one to 15. We'll see.

1 Like

Genuine wtf design decision.

It kinda makes sense to me. Konke's hub handles both Zigbee and WiFi protocols. Maybe they are trying to avoid interference with the most popular 2.4 channels within in their own ecosystem.

3 Likes

Makes sense. That's a logical explanation. If I were doing it, I would restrict their hub to those three channels. So the devices could use the entire range of possible channels (with other hubs).

2 Likes

I also understand why they would recommend those channels. But making devices ONLY work on them is silly.

Anyway, as I'm a glutton for punishment, if/when it doesn't work on 17 or 18, I may try 25 again (and take better notes on which of my devices don't work on 25).

If it helps any, generation 1 Xiaomi motion sensors (Mijia) don't like channel 25.

FYI - I couldn't connect the sensors on channels 17 or 18. They connected fine on 15 and 20 - so it does seem like 15, 20, 25 are required to use the devices.

@SmartHomePrimer

Sorry for the delay. Just got around to looking at their reliability to measure Relative Humidity.

Where there's decent air-flow, they seem to be within 5% of a consistent Fluke digital psychrometer. I would call that pretty good. However, as with anything that measures relative humidity, they're off in rooms that don't have circulation. Takes them about 30 minutes to equilibrate once a fan is turned on.

I'm calling the Fluke consistent because I've been using it measure/adjust humidity in anaerobic chambers for ~5 years, and our experimental outcomes at preset relative humidities have been very reproducible.

1 Like

Thanks. I agree, Fluke is the standard I trust, no matter the measurement.

With the requirement to switch Zigbee channels (not keen on changing what is not broken for a single device), I’m leaning toward a Centralite since they’re available still. But oddly the Xiaomi has not dropped since I first inquired about the Konke. I moved one of the Xiaomi plugs back to its first location for a completely unrelated reason and since then the Xiaomi temp/humidity/barometric sensor has been stable. Might have been the issue for me.

Time will tell. Much appreciated effort on you part though :+1:t2:

1 Like

Also, I checked the Xiaomi sensors I have. They're just as reliable as the Konke's. Konke's respond a little quicker. Yeah, the restriction in channels is just a bizarre design decision.

1 Like

So how often are you guys seeing the battery % update?

Next to never.

Same here. I have one that has never reported. lol.

Temperature and humidity accuracy, and sensitivity to change, seems as good as the Xiaomi Aqara though. I have 3 Konke I put about 2 inches away from the existing Xiaomis in their respective rooms, so it is easy to compare.

Very strange indeed. Reported battery at the begining, now never :slight_smile:

@muxa One issue with the driver. Is there a way to get more resolution on the battery reporting? It seems it only reports to the tenth of a volt, and that isn't enough to measure actual battery % as the different of 0.1 volt is almost 50% difference on battery reporting... We really need it to go to the hundreth place.

Unfortunately the device reports voltage with 0.1V resolution. In fact this is per ZigBee HA specs:

3.3.2.2.3.1 BatteryVoltage Attribute

The BatteryVoltage attribute is 8 bits in length and specifies the current actual (measured) battery voltage, in units of 100mV.

Yuck. Ok, well that's pretty useless then. Thanks for checking though!

That is one negative versus the Xiaomi - they report to 10mV (or maybe 50mV.... I forget).