2 Peanut plugs can't be recognized by Hubitat

I have two Peanut Plugs that I cannot add to Hubitat.

I tried a couple or more in different ways. factory reset it a few times. With it on/off.
I added a custom driver from Github, although, I read you don't have to.

Any ideas? TIA

Couple ideas/questions:
Are you attempting to pair them close to the hub to begin with? Best to have them close initially although they act as great repeaters after that.
Do they not show up at all when attempting to pair using ZigBee? If they are not showing up at all... make sure the reset leaves them with their blinking red light that they are trying to pair.
If you are not entirely sure of the driver, they can sometimes be a bit finicky when initially configured. One way is to do the base configure (after pairing) with another generic ZigBee driver. Funny enough, most of mine originally detected as Generic ZigBee Moisture Sensors or such so I just configured there then switched to a custom driver.

Weird. I was able to pair the peanut plugs very easily.

As with anything... "Past results do not guarantee future outcomes." :wink:

I have a couple devices (not Peanut Plugs though) at the moment that are not pairing, but I have others of the exact same model already paired and have other devices that have easily paired since.

In my experience, Peanut Plugs have been an exceptional device. They generally pair easily, have excellent range, repeat well, and just plain work. The only exception is getting the power info if they were not updated. But to be honest that matters very little to me.

@playsdbass I had trouble pairing these on certain zigbee channels. 15&20 seemed to work best for mine. If that’s not it, try rebooting your Hub.

1 Like

Changing channels did it! thanks, Ken_Fraleigh

I tried a lot of what Snell had mentioned.

It recognized it as a peanut plug, with that driver. The driver shows power monitoring parameters too!

if anybody is interested in that driver code he is pakmanw@sbcglobal.net at Github.

Thanks, everybody

1 Like

What channel were you using, and what did you change to?

I was on 23 and went down to 20. Ken_Fraleigh recommends 15 or 20

1 Like

FYI - the "Generic Zigbee Outlet" driver also shows power monitoring parameters with the Securifi Peanut plugs.

Note that with either driver, a real value is displayed only if the Peanut's firmware is updated using an Almond router.

Here's one of mine (updated firmware) with the "Generic Zigbee Outlet driver". Notice the non-zero power reading. If you plug a load into your Peanuts, and the value doesn't change, then its firmware needs to be updated.

1 Like

Makes sense based on WiFi channel usage. @bjcowles posted this helpful explanation for a different device (Konke Temperature Humidity Sensor) that are also restricted to zigbee channels 15, 20, and 25.

1 Like

I never tried 25. That makes sense! Thanks for the info.
BTW. All 9 of my Lightify 4-button dimmers work perfect on my new hub that only has end-devices and Samsung outlets. No double or triple pressing to make them get working. And they all paired on channel 24 without any problems at all.

1 Like

I've been on channel 25 for over a year and it is fantastic. Everything works and I don't even have to worry about wifi on channel 1.
Xiaomi, sengled, Tradfri, xbee, peanut, hue, iris, chinese zigbee valve, halo smoke/CO, leaksmart, samsung all work flawless, unless the hub is busy spasming, but that's an entirely different issue.

1 Like

I ended up putting the lights hub on 25, Hue on 15, end device hub on 19, ST on 20 (wish I could disable the zigbee radio since nothing is on it), and everything works better than ever, including all the Lightify 4-button switches I have. Neighbors aren’t that close and my router is on channel 1.