Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

The dana lock or any single cylinder style lock work on door one as there is only a deadbolt to replace. The screw holes for the face plate would need to be patched.. also you would need a bar handle to push and pull the door.

Door 2 could use something similar as it would replace the cylinder hole, the just add a basic lever handle. Again, the face plate screw holes would need patching

On door 1, If you took the deadbolt off the inside of the door to attach the Danalock, wouldn’t there be no ‘latch’ to secure the door closed !
What am misunderstanding as I’ve got that same setup, a deadbolt style, on my front door ?

Correct.. my apologies. i assumed the danalock came with a deadbolt that is installed in edge of the door... much like the yale locks....

You could also just purchase a this, https://www.bunnings.com.au/ikonic-brushed-nickel-deadbolt_p4061947
Then fit the danalock

Ha yeah. I’m still to lazy to cut into the door and fit that. LOL
My slow search for a screw on replacement continues. :pensive:

I know a chippy who could help!:wink::wink: lol

The best solution I’ve found so far Is This
Of course I’d love to “try before you buy” so that’ll have to wait until I’m ready.

Looks interesting......
Personally, i think adding a deadbolt would be a better option.....just my 2c!

1 Like

Anyone using either. Myair, izone, or airtouch? Or another?
Im looking at options to upgrade my ducted air in the near future

If by upgrade you mean the AC system itself I have a Mitsubishi electric ducted system with their WiFi adaptor and have been working on a driver for their MELCloud service. Still a work in progress.

Sadly, I've got a large Mitsi Heavy Industries system that is complex and about 12yrs old. I've been told approx $10k upgrade but that it's not worth it on a 12yr old system that could die at any time or replace with modern equivalent for circa $30k.

I have a toshiba ducted unit with 2 zones.
So looking to add a few more zones with remote capability

The 3 i listed above seem to be what im after, so looking for some opinions

Ok, no worries

I am using Daikin ducted that's fronted by iZone very nice system.

1 Like

Let me know when you have something to test. As you may recall, I have two Mitsubishi split systems.

will do @pjam73. I didn't get as much time over Christmas as I thought I would, but made some good progress last weekend. I'll try to send you and early version of the code soon to see how your setup is different to mine.

Looks interesting.

1 Like

It does look interesting. ZigBee too. Says they do their own dev. Curious to know to what extent. Rebadging vs ground up. I'd support some homegrown players for sure, depending on price/features.

3 Likes

The issue I see with these is that only the switch & dimmer is AC power everything else is 12-36 vdc.

1 Like

I've just emailed them to see if they are interested in sending some of their products over to Hubitat in the US to gain official support. See what they say.

2 Likes