Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

I was looking at that earlier myself. I suspect the figures are updating automatically but the tile displays are not working the way they should. Might take a look. You using Funzie's driver?

Yeah that’s the one.

If I display individual attributes like load_power it updates as per the schedule perfectly.

If you use the power_flow tile if does not update.

Hmmm, strange... I see the same thing myself. The code looks fine. I'll have a poke around and might post on the thread for the driver with what I find.

I've got it now, the part that get's scheduled just does the figures, like we both saw. The button on the device page to get site overview or site flow, etc, they each get the data as well as updating the tiles. So I will ask Funzie if we can get it changed.

Nice work bro :+1:

1 Like

No worries. You should also be able to do a device refresh periodically in an RM rule or even call the commands if you wanted, which will update the tiles for you in the meantime.

Why can’t I find > comparison function in RM ?

It does exist but only for numeric device attributes. What are you wanting to achieve?

Trying to compare values from my solar system to flag if the system is Importing or Exporting.

If grid_power > load_power then system is Export Mode else Import Mode.

I know this is old... But is there any way to get measured rainfall? As in rain yesterday (or since 9am as seems to be the reference for bom data) I've installed it but seems only a few states have been created. Perhaps a limitation of what the bom link provides?

If you are using the power meter capability (a numeric value) then it shouldn't be a problem. If you are importing power as a string then it won't work.

I took a look at that driver, and well, it's not great. It seems to have incompatibility issues with the version firmware my iZone controller has, and the overall code quality is poor. It took a bit of fiddling but I have the master control "off" button working, so that's something.

How are you going with this? I'm not too interested their other automations, but if you have the A/C control part working, I'd be keen to have a test.

I have this early attempt that is at least a better version that what you tried before....

But I'm still working on the full re-write including using Async http to keep the hub CPU cycles down due the regular polling with a blocking http request. Its coming along well, but not finished.

The above beta driver is pretty good though, and you might be happy with that - and I'd be interested in your feedback.

I've had brief looking and it looks like a big improvement. iZone bridge discovery and auto-creating the child zones is very nice. I'll install it on the weekend and see how I go.

If you are interested I (tried) to write my "unified thermostat" drivers that cater for the Mitsubishi WiFi adaptors to allow for expansion into other platforms outside of Mitsubishi's. You could try and incorporate the relevant api calls into these drivers, but I can also understand the benefit / enjoyment out of developing something from scratch. Let me know if you want to take a look, even just as another thermostat example.

Simon

Do share? Where is this??

The drivers are contained in this folder in my Hubitat repository:

I have always intended to capture the design and how it could cater for expansion to other Thermostats, but hopefully you may get the gist of what I am trying to do....

Here are some notes on how I have setup my Zone Control dashboard @gslender. I still have some more notes to take, actually on the part we were talking about earlier in the thread. I'll try and cover that part next in the post linked below.

Pretty general question....

A mate of mine is wanting to dip his toe into home automation. He has installed some dumb downlights and is looking at options for smart switches to replace / enhance his light switches, trying to keep oprions open for Hubitat or other hubs. Any suggestions?

Simon