Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Mercator Ikuu? https://www.ikuu.com.au

2 Likes

@cometfish - Did you ever look at downloading the BOM's radar images? I have been able to get some displaying on a dashboard using a locally hosted html file (on the HE hub) and manually uploaded images from BOM, again stored on the HE hub. All I expect I will need to do now is look at getting these images on the hub automatically, so was thinking it would be good to have it included in the drivers you wrote. What do you think?

You can set up an image tile with URLs like this (for Sydney) http://www.bom.gov.au/radar/IDR714.gif (64km). Unfortunately these are not looped and the update rate is 6 minutes (I think - or could be longer)

2 Likes

Nice. I was after the same effect of the scrolling images on the app / site, which I was able to do with a bit of JS in a HTML file on the hub. I'd show it, but you wouldn't get the effect with a still image :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm slowly going to move over to shelley devices i think from my NUE switches. Good price point and the couple i have are really reliable so far.

2 Likes

Thanks, I'll pass that name on as well.

Is it right that the NUE one's are a bit of a fail, saw some iffy reports of the glass faces dropping off and other poor quality issues...

Yeah i've had a couple of faceplates fall off and smash and to be honest the terminals on the back arn't the best.

I've got one sitting in a draw that I bought by mistake, didn't have enough power to run my heat lamps in the bathroom. Might leave it in the draw....

Here's an example of what I was talking about last night with the radar images:

Keep the dumb switches and install Aeotec Nanos behind them. I know there are a few people who grumble about them but mine have been rock solid for nearly two years.

2 Likes

That's what I had in mind as well, Mercator have some which was what I was going to suggest my mate looks at.

No, I use the still image radar that @rocketwiz just mentioned, from @steveff :

Feel free to add an animated version to the driver if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for crediting @steveff ! Apologies, I'd totally forgotten where the idea came from!

1 Like

Same, my house is full of them and they are excellent!

1 Like

Gidday, newb Hubitat user here, my C7 hub arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the tip on the Aeotec Nanos with dumb switches, I might do this in my new build.

I'm about to order a Yale Unity Entrance Lock with Connect Bridge, has anyone got one of these?

It's not a compatible device according to the list, so I am better to get the Conexis L1 instead?

Tips appreciated, chur.

Any one using Zigbee Security Keypad? I'm looking for a one to use with the HSM control.

Yep, I imported a second hand Iris v3, it works great.

1 Like

Yep - same here

I started early and got an Iris v2 keypad and it’s been perfect once I wired it for power and did away with its battery eating habit :blush:

What options are there for Aus (prefer 'no neutral'....but not limited to) Dimmer light switches.
I'm about to install led downlights and need a new wall plate
I don't have Hue, and would love to find a dial type switch.

Any ideas? or is Red Series Inovelli Dimmer switch the best?