Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Anybody running any samsung multipurpose sensors V5 at all? I've noticed three of mine are going crazy with temp updates with a new one pretty much every minute and i think it's causing alot of mesh problems i've been having lately. I vaguely remember reading something about updating their firmware but without a hub i guess i can't try that. Any ideas from anyone?

I think mine are v5's, only bought them in the last 6 months ... I'll check my logs

1 Like

Mine are v5's and the couple I checked don't look to be reporting too often, many about half hourly, sometimes less often.

Could it be activity? Is it windy, perhaps a door or window that is rattling in the wind? Either way, what if you sat it on a table close to the HE hub, do they still behave the same?

I also don't own a smart things hub, so haven't done any firmware updates on mine

Don't think it's activity as two are on my kids windows and they are within 4 mtrs of each other facing the exact same way, one is doing it and the other isn't. I've just found an old thread about someone having the same problem but they updated the firmware, maybe the earlier one's i have are problematic.

Hmmm strange... I'm sure someone will have found a way to update the firmware without a hub....

This is the zigbee log from one of them.

You're stepping outside of my area of "expertise" (using that term quite loosely). Might let someone else interpret the zigbee log ..

I have 1 on my garage door to use as contact only and a few weeks back noticed it wasn't reading open/close.
So now just using generic contact sensor driver and reports correctly

It would be nice wouldn't it. I have only seen such things with Z-wave though :frowning:

1 Like

Mine seems to work fine for that, i actually had it mounted vertical but changed it to horizontal and it seems more reliable.

i might give the proper driver another go and see if it still doesn't report.
I have the larger part mounted on the door vertically and the smaller part sitting flat on the steel 'I' Beam.

Yeah it's quite easy but you need a Z-Wave USB stick like an Aeotec Zstick+. You add it as a secondary controller and then use the Aeotec or other software to update the device FW.

Ok i'm using mine without the magnet, it uses the tilt function of the sensor.

Ahhhh...I never checked the tilt function.....if i get a chance over the weekend, ill change drivers an check

These are zigbee unfortunately, the smartthings multi sensors. At least they can link up to the hub, seems like a few people on the community have been having problems with zwave lately.

Ah, in that case Iā€™m not sure what your options are.

Anyone recommend a digital door lock for a sliding door that integrates will into HE?

Im loving my C7 so far - I have all ~30 zwave devices migrated over from Vera. Everything except my Wifi thermostats (Nest and Honeywell) which aren't supported on HE.

Now that my Vera is only doing HVAC automation it's fast and stable. :man_facepalming: So I worked out how to sync the Hubitat house modes to Vera and it works great. :slight_smile:

I published a guide for anyone else in a similar position:

Now that my Vera isn't working hard, I've moved everything over to my Vera Edge (Vera Backup/Restore still kicks a$$ - Hubitat would do well to copy it!) and put my Vera Plus up for sale on eBay.

3 Likes

I've just ordered one via fleabay - once it arrives I'm going to ditch our current phone based alarm system and move entire to HSM.