Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Does anyone have the DHS in wall switch?
I bought one on eBay, and only just realised is recommends bell press switches be used. Curious if anyone has this wired into a normal toggle switch and have any issues.

Otherwise i might just deploy it, where i don't need switches and relay purely on HE to control it

Looks to me like it isnt compatible with toggle switches at all based on the PDF's I found. If you left a toggle switch on it would likely spam your zwave network to death with button pressed packets.

Read that after i bought it...lol

Oh well, i know it works in HE using the NUE driver, so i will use it in places i dont need manual switches!!

I replaced all of our switches with Bell Press / Momentary ones when my Sparky installed our Aeotec Nano's. Having Toggles switches showing the "wrong" status would have triggered my OCD HARD!. :crazy_face:

I guess you wired the LED to be 'always on' then?? :wink: :wink: !!
or you don't have LED versions!!

Nope, they aren't connected.

I do however you don't need to wire the LED's up - at least not on the Clipsal Iconic Momentary Switches which we used.

https://i.imgur.com/EKayNGZ.jpg?1

1 Like

I've been curious about these Iconic switches, since we don't really seem to have a whole lot of options for momentary switches in Oz. Are they pretty much drop-in replacements for any other mechanical switch, wired directly to your in-wall smart switches? My concern was wether they might contain some kind of internal electronics of their own.

Yep, they are just an optional Switch Mech in the Iconic range and drop into any Iconic wall plate - aside from having an LED in them (as discussed), they are dumb switches.

The thing we liked about the Iconic range is the momentary switch mech is still a rocker mech (it just bounces back under spring pressure) so you can use all the neat Iconic Rocker Caps:

They wire up the same as any other momentary switch when used with a Z-wave module - eg the Aeotec Nanos:

You might be thinking of the Bluetooth switch mechs which I wouldn't touch with a 50ft pole.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for the extra info! They do seem like exactly the switches I'm looking for.

1 Like

No worries.

1 Like

@jchurch Does that lock work well? It's on special in JandB, from the deal thread.

1 Like

Yeah mate fantastic lock. I still haven't replaced the batteries and it's been installed for well over a year now. EDIT: Yeah OK $229 is an absolutely bargain i'd definitely get one for that.

2 Likes

It doesnt have google support natively, do you use it with google (via Hubitat)?

Sorry I don't use it with Google.

Just an FYI here... I've replaced a bunch of my normal clipsal mechs with quite inexpensive (when bought in boxes of 10 from elec wholesaler) momentary press mechs, the 30PBBP. Work well with the aeotec zwave nano switches and dimmers.

Only thing to be aware of is the depth if you're just in a mounting box (ie if you're in an old wooden house with surface mount vs plasterboard walls with holes). See image below of normal mech on the bottom for comparison. Fits in a deep box, just, with nano switch squeezed in next to it.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yup, I have a few of those already installed, and they do work perfectly. I just think I'd prefer the look and feel of the Iconic switches for future purchases.

1 Like

Yay, Hubitat arrived yesterday after 7 weeks (stuck in Sydney for the last 3+ weeks). I am waiting for the Zigbee mesh to stabilise before turning on automations. How long do people recommend I wait for?

I started by pairing the three Smartthings plugs to act as Zigbee repeaters and make the mesh more stable in the long term.

I have successfully paired 10 of the Telstra door/window sensors (SZDWS04s) without issue. I realised I have a lot of them left, so I may get creative with them later.

I've paired two of the three Sengled bulbs including one of the Telstra branded Sengled bulbs (the other will involve going outside and getting on a ladder), as well as a Sengled smart light switch and the Zen thermostat.

The Visonic IR/motion sensors unsurprisingly didn't work, with the Visonic K9-85 showing up in Hubitat but not sending any data back to the hub and the Motion Curtain Detector Clip MCW not showing up at all.

Does anyone have recommendations for IR/motion sensors that work well with Hubitat? I have a SONOFF SNZB-03 that I ordered via eBay on 11 August, which unfortunately appears to still be in Hong Kong, so hoping for something that is available locally/via Amazon.

Next step is to try Tuya-Coverting all my Tuya devices.

2 Likes

Iris 3326-L work well. I got 20 shipped in by a fellow Hubitat forum member. You can sometimes find a batch of them on ebay.com (not .au)

The Hue motion sensors work well, and they also do lux and temp. They connect directly to the Hubitat. I have some bosch motion detectors, but I wouldnt recommend them.

Tuya convert is great in Hubitat!

1 Like

I've found the smartthings motion sensors pretty good, just wait for a sale at JB and they're not to badly priced.

3 Likes

I have the Hue sensors paired directly with HE
No issues here!

1 Like