Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thanks, I've been keeping an eye on OzBargain for a sale on Hue motion sensors. I haven't seen them fall below $51 recently, but might buy one just for the fast shipping.

There are some of the Iris 3326-L available at the moment on ebay, so I'll look into those too.

These were what I was initially going to go with, but they haven't been available at JB or on the Samsung store since I purchased the HE. If you (or anyone) finds anywhere they are in stock for a reasonable price (less than the $51 for Hue), I'd be interested.

Keep an eye on bunnings for the Hue. Occasionally on sale!

1 Like

Yeah your right i'm not sure what's happening with the stock levels. Another one to try is the sonoff sensors from itead. I've got one i've been testing for the last week and it's been really good and alot cheaper. Although they arn't the prettiest looking thing.

1 Like

The hue dimmer remotes also work great paired directly to Hubitat.

1 Like

The SmartThings sensors are currently my favourite. I was going to suggest RACV, but they seem to be out of stock, too. I've bought several from them in the past, including one order when they had a 30% discount code going. Great value!!

1 Like

Yeah, the Samsungs seemed to be reasonably priced (and inexpensive when on sale), so I'd been planning on getting some until realising that there wasn't stock anywhere.

I've got a SONOFF SNZB-03 that I ordered via eBay on 11 August, which apparently still hasn't left Hong Kong. Can I check how long yours took to arrive from ITEAD?

I got a Sengled Smart Switch, but will be getting Hue switches next time they are on sale too.

One thing that isn't supported with the hue dimmer is the long press on the on and off switch. Not a deal breaker for most....

I ordered a motion sensor and a contact sensor just to try so just the two and by some miracle they arrived in a week with the cheap shipping :astonished: :astonished: Don't ask me how they came that quick, i was amazed and couldn't believe it.

Is that when paired directly to HE? Or via hue hub?

I can use this feature when connected to my hue hub, but not when the dimmer is paired directly to HE.

Edit:. You can't link accessories like the dimmer via the hue integration app in HE, in case that is what you were referring to... It's basically lights that are synced.

From comments made by Mike and / or users, this was available when paired to share things, so weird we can't use it here.

I am using 4 of the "Aqara Motion Sensor's" they work well, cheap and batteries last for ever....

True, still works great as a very fast 4 button scene controller tho.

1 Like

Direct to the HE. Hubitat didn’t recognise them when paired to the hue hub.

Thanks @sburke781 & @dJOS
Its a shame long presses aren't recognised.

1 Like

I've found the xiaomi ones very reliable with the latest branch of drivers... Although you need to choose the right repeaters so that's the downside to them. Otherwise they are cheap, good better life and look nice and compact. Plus stable for me. Oh and available, unlike the SmartThings ones these days

@peterbrown77.pb, can I ask what do you mean with repeater? Are you referring to something like IKEA TRADFRI ?

Yep, that's what he was referring to.

Yes. I believe the Ikea tradfri are fine with them however don't have any myself. For repeaters I only have a sonof zigbee switch and a few temp/humidity sensors made by someone here (can't remember his name now) and they work well. I do wish that the xiaomi weren't picky with the zigbee repeaters but otherwise they work well for me.