Hub Update 1.1.5

Couldn't see a general thread for feedback on hub update 1.1.5. Sorry if double this up.

I updated this evening and had a lot of issues with Dashboards. Nothing would respond and if it did that device would seam to lock up and not respond further. Dashboard status would show pressed but eventually return to same state despite if the device turned on or not. Turning devices on from the manual wall switch would also not be reflected on the Dashboards.

I rebooted a couple of times after the update with no improvement.
Decided not enough time tonight to investigate further so decided to roll back to 1.1.4.126 for now.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or similar?

Pretty much every time I update I find things to be a bit flakey for a couple days. Rules don’t always fire, dashboard behaves like you describe. After a day or two things seem to settle down. This time I’m noticing some real delays in live logging. We’ll see how that shakes out. I don’t know if the mesh is rebuilt or what, but things usually improve with some time.

2 Likes

Do you see the same thing in the hub ui in the device details?

It can take awhile after upgrade or reboot for things to return to normal, usually 5-10 minutes.

For troubleshooting, is this a local or cloud dashboard? Did your reload the page after updating dashboard?

Further details would help. Like browser, operating system, screenshots of the JavaScript console in browser ( f12 ) and network tab.

Also having live logging open or looking at past logs to see if any errors are showing or confirming commands are being sent.

Thanks for your responses. I will give it another go on the weekend when I have a little more time.
I will gather the information required to assist if the issue still occurs.

PS .The dashboards were all doing the same thing, google chrome on win 10, google chrome on Samsung tablet, safari on Apple iPhone 8.
I certainly didn’t wait 10 minutes after update so this will be my first step when I give it another go.

Cheers

2 posts were split to a new topic: Motion Lighting Issues in 1.1.5

I see there is a 1.1.5.113 update available. Anyone know what are the changes?

Did you not get the email?

1 Like

No email here - do you get emails when new firmware updates are available?

Oh those emails. . :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Got mine at 16:20 BST today. Just under 6 hours ago.

Yes, we know what the changes are. But it's a secret :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Managed to find the secret update under here.

1 Like

On a (more or less) serious note, is there an e-mail update sent out when new firmware is available?
Asking because I have never received such a beastie (subject to correction).
Also, most (if not all) of the posters show up (as a bare minimum) "Owner"; I do not have that luxury...

Ideas?

Thanks
J

See my post above. Post 7 or 8.

I think you have to sign up for the newsletter to get firmware update e-mails. I normally see it in the forum or on my hub itself first (and by "normally," I mean I think this is the first time I got such an e-mail and it was about a day later).

Also, the thread linked to above is just about 1.1.5. The original release of this was 1.1.5.112. There is now a 1.1.5.113 update available, but nothing has been appended to the thread to say what changed--yet. :slight_smile: I'm sure it will be there within a few hours (and then everyone will think I'm crazy for writing this).

1 Like

I've done both updates, yesterday and today, and both times the hub has been unresponsive.

Waited >30 mins. I can navigate to the main hub page, but that's it. Very very slow. Manual reboot required.

In fact, a reboot didnt fix it today, I cant navigate to any pages, except the location page.

give it 5-10 mins. It may be trying to recover and constant rebooting could make it worse.

Well it's been another half an hour. Cant navigate to anything.

How to reach out to support?

support@hubitat.com

@bobbyD

1 Like