Factory reset hub

Can I please get my hub reset. I've read that a switch needs to be switched at the Hubitat end.

I've had my hub for 2 weeks, and for 12 of those days - hub has been unresponsive until a reboot. All routines fail, all rules fail, webcore fails, cant open any hub page. The only thing that works is removing power supply and reboot, and then within 60 seconds, it's unresponsive again.

I first mentioned issues here: Hub Update 1.1.5. And I seem to have similiar issues to these threads: Hub has ground to a halt. Extremely slow
& Crashing Hub

I've had multiple emails with support, who whilst helpful, have been unable to solve the problem. I am unable to even navigate to any hub page to delete apps, devices, or anything. It's ridiculous. I've rebooted >50 times, leaving it for between 5 mins and overnight. Nothing.

@bobbyD has been helpful. It's not easy being on the other side of the world.

Hub light is blue, and not even this works: http://HubIP/hub/reboot

Help please.

It involves creating a completely blank USB thumb drive, adding one specific blank file and the using only that to boot the Hub.

Resetting the USB radio stick takes a different path, but yes, it can be reset too.

Support will provide the current details.

If you remove webcore, is it stable? Most others are finding that's the case.

I can't remove webcore. I can't even get to the point of opening up the main page.

Hub has just become responsive, and I dont know what to do.

Dont know if it will become unresponsive again on next reboot.........

Hub has become unresponsive again.

Are you able to power down, remove the sticks and then power up. Just as a way to get to the GUI?

No, tried that.

1 Like

Certainly worth a go, and then you may be able to remove webCoRE to rule it out.

Webcore is fully removed. Hub came up for about an hour.

Edit: thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I know how to do the reset, but without someone from support it would be fruitless and just leave you with a hub which requires resetting at their end :frowning: I've had to do it myself a long while ago. But hope they respond soon, and you're back on the road soon.

Yes, I think I saw your instructions elsewhere. I realise that there is something that needs to be done on the other end. Pity, as it was a Sunday here, and I could have had most of my devices set up again, if not for all the rules.

Would it be a good idea to backup and save a blank/fresh image for future (when the Hub is reset)?
Also, what is the best channel for zigbee. If I've got to start afresh, might as well do it right. I realise it's dependant upon my wifi environment, but excluding local wifi, what is the best channel.

1 Like

I take it (with no doubt all the rebooting) there isn't a good backup available?

I've recently changed mine from 25 to 20. And moved my Hue to 15, and router to 1.
All seems to be working fine. Obviously depends on what else you may have and their respective channel.

Shame though, hope the weather is better there than here. But here would be a good day to stay in and sort things out. I had very similar issues at first, whats the current version your running?

There maybe a backup available, but since I've just started with HE, I've been adding so many devices and rules. The backup would be horribly out of date anyway.

The first saved backup that I have is 6 Oct, which is after when I first had problems from upgrading versions. I'm currently on 1.1.5.113 and have been on 1.1.5.115 but wasnt able to get it stable (understatement of the year!). I downgraded using HubIP:8081 and it took about 5 manual reboots to get .113 going. It does load every now and then, but shortly after it crashes, and that's if it loads at all. Most times it's unresponsive.

Edit: Weather is always good in Australia. An early spring day - balmy 20 degrees today, that's 68 Fahrenheit.

1 Like

I feel your pain :frowning: I'd be the same, level the playing field and begin again.
I hope you come out of the other side, I was able to, but I remember at the time almost going back to ST. So glad I didn't, it did eventually get itself sorted.

Typical UK cats and dogs here, of course its been great all week. The weather is a b*****d :joy:

Once you get this sorted, yes, do make regular manual backups before you uprage hub firmware or add unofficial components (I.e. webCoRE). There are regular daily backups, but if you are adding components rapidly with no backups in between, it can get difficult to find the stable point to rollback to.

Since removing the radios is still causing instability, Iā€™m wondering about the possibility of a driver that is polling via an HTTP device. Did you add anything like that?

If you can get 30 minutes of stability, open the log and get 30 minutes of insight to the issue! :wink:

1 Like

The cavalry arrived, and hub is working again. Excellent support in what was Sunday morning 7:30am !

Thanks @bobbyD

4 Likes

Did they say what caused the Problem?

Probably a rogue app or device handler. At present I'm only on generic drivers and apps. No user apps/drivers at all. Will add them back one by one to determine evilness.

1 Like

Good luck Mike, hope it all pans out. I found my Aeotec Multisensor 6 seemed to be causing my last issues. Once I took it off, my hub was brilliant. Hope you find yours :+1: