Hub Update 1.1.5

Yes, we know what the changes are. But it's a secret :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Managed to find the secret update under here.

1 Like

On a (more or less) serious note, is there an e-mail update sent out when new firmware is available?
Asking because I have never received such a beastie (subject to correction).
Also, most (if not all) of the posters show up (as a bare minimum) "Owner"; I do not have that luxury...

Ideas?

Thanks
J

See my post above. Post 7 or 8.

I think you have to sign up for the newsletter to get firmware update e-mails. I normally see it in the forum or on my hub itself first (and by "normally," I mean I think this is the first time I got such an e-mail and it was about a day later).

Also, the thread linked to above is just about 1.1.5. The original release of this was 1.1.5.112. There is now a 1.1.5.113 update available, but nothing has been appended to the thread to say what changed--yet. :slight_smile: I'm sure it will be there within a few hours (and then everyone will think I'm crazy for writing this).

1 Like

I've done both updates, yesterday and today, and both times the hub has been unresponsive.

Waited >30 mins. I can navigate to the main hub page, but that's it. Very very slow. Manual reboot required.

In fact, a reboot didnt fix it today, I cant navigate to any pages, except the location page.

give it 5-10 mins. It may be trying to recover and constant rebooting could make it worse.

Well it's been another half an hour. Cant navigate to anything.

How to reach out to support?

support@hubitat.com

@bobbyD

1 Like

You can "rewind" to a previous OS image by visiting:
http://:8081

It will show a list of the Images it's seen.

You can rewind the DB too, but that needs another screen. You can try going direct:

http:///hub/backup

Thanks, i rolled back to 1.1.5.112

Still slow. I cant navigate to hub. Main page comes up, but nothing else. Would you suggest rolling back database? If so, how. That link you gave above didnt work.

Edit: Hub is unresponsive. Zigbee network is down (can see via XBee).

Edit: downgraded back another level. Again hub unresponsive.

Used downgrade tool to upgrade to latest version. Seems to be working now.

Glad it's working but to answer your question, both for you and whoever might read this far into the future.. like 2 weeks maybe :slight_smile:

I've never heard it said, but I'd think there was some merit in downgrading both OS image and to a matching db.

The links I gave don't display well..

http://{your hub ip}:8081
and
http://{your hub ip}/hub/backup

Found another bug in 1.1.5.115 with HSM and the color bulb notification settings: two orange options

Use the Orange. orange has no self respect.

4 Likes

orange --> Orange
Orange --> Chartreuse (don't know where that came from, but that's what it was)

Everyone wants Chartreuse alerts, right?

5 Likes

@SmartHomePrimer @bravenel

Too funny!

@patrick I have performed the updated again, this time to the 1.1.5.115 release. I have waited a few hours, completed a number of reboots and completed a z-wave repair. I am using google chrome on a tablet for dashboards as well as google chrome and MS edge on win10. I have also tried safari on iphone 8.

The issue I am having is:
Slow update of status when using the Hubitat UI within the particular device details. for example I was previously able to click on the 'on' state and then 'off' and repeat this cycle over and over. Now I either have to wait before changing the state, or if I do click 'on' then 'off' quickly, I see the device go on but takes up to 20 sec to go off (this time varies).
As previous post, devices can be turned on via dashboard but the state on the dashboard does not change. After the press the item will respond to display the momentary press change, but does not change to the on state, although the device comes on. The Dashboard log shows the device being pressed and will also show the device being pressed again and again even though the tile still shows the momentary pressed state as per below:

This happens both in local and cloud dashboards.
I waited and timed how long until the tile changed and this took 4 minutes. The issue being is it changed to the off state (or what it originally was) despite being on. I am also not seeing the change on any other dashboards.
Ultimately the dashboard app is not receiving the feedback from the devices.
I completed some further testing and have found that the issue is only with z-wave devices and not zigbee. I can turn zigbee on and off via dashboards or Hubitat UI but is a little slower.
I did notice that when turning on a z-wave device from the Hubitat UI that the state does not change so I looked into the logs. I turned on the device log and this really slowed down the response of the z-wave devices. It was 20+ seconds to turn anything on or off.
The log was only showing called items from Hubitat. Nothing is being received from any z-wave device.

Seems there is a z-wave issue that has occurred from 1.1.4.126 to 1.1.5.

I will leave at 1.1.5 for the next 4-5 hours just in case you have any ideas (not sure what time it is where you are) that you can suggest but will have to roll back before tonight.

Thanks for your help.

I have also noticed that zigbee devices show up under the zigbee information page:

but nothing shows up under the z-wave information page:

All devices still shown in the devices page:

Sounds like you have something going on with zwave. Tagging @bobbyD and would recommend opening a ticket or at least isolate the potentially troublesome device(s) or drivers

Any custom drivers installed or using built in drivers?