Honeywell T6 Z-Wave - Missing Thermostat Mode (Auto) on 2.2.9.146

Found that the equivalent Thermostat Modes for the T6’s Away mode are exposed in the Generic driver. There’s just no mention of the word “Away”. The two energy saving modes are what Honeywell calls away mode. It’s in the installer manual.

Also, I believe anyone who says they can set a mode via RM. what I’m saying is that I cannot . When I attempt to set a mode on the following screen the mode briefly pops up on the UI but is not retained.

1 Like

I can confirm this, In RM 5, when AUTO is picked from the select thermostat dropdown it immediately disappears. Actually all of the modes disappear when clicked. As does fan setting.
Tagging @bcopeland (Running 2.3.0.124)

Does the generic driver work correctly in dashboards? That is the only reason I use the 'advanced' driver, in order to manually modify the driver to work in dashboards.

Works fine in the dashboards

2 Likes

I just ordered a T6 - based partly on the availability of HE's built-in device-specific driver for it. Am I understanding correctly now that the generic thermostat driver works better? If that's the case why would there be a T6-specific one too?

@bcopeland probably can answer better than I, but I'm going to just
Assume it's a hold over. He's written all the thermostat stuff and he recommend using the Generic z-wave plus thermostat driver for the t6, and he's a known owner of the t6...I lean towards his recommendation

2 Likes

@steve.hoge, I have no inside information but the holdover might have something to do with resources.

Anyway, as you can see, my experience has not been good with either driver. But, the one you use at this moment in time likely has more to do with your use case.

My case applies to a vacation home with two devices. When I press the Home/Away button at the front door, I want certain devices in the house to respond. In the case of the thermostat, the named built-in Honeywell driver works best for me at this moment in time as I cannot at all make a rule in RM using the Generic driver.

Interesting. I will probably stick with the generic thermostat driver then. Thanks

Go with the advanced taken over by @thebearmay

3 Likes

This :point_up: :point_up:

Active/smart developer trumps pretty much anything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like