Greenwave Powernode 5/6 extension driver

Thats a shame, I get power monitoring at child and parent.

Parent

Child

Yeah you are right, there is no way to update firmware with these.

I had only 20W load; it may be that the reporting limit is higher. I tried changing some reporting parameters but that was not successful either.

I have an application where reliability is not essential and so, I am not complaining. And the price is fair - Amazon sells regular extensions for about the same 20 bucks.

However, for an application that is supposed to run unattended and reliably, I think this is waste of time and money.

Great deal on these if you need them:

The eBay auction is supposedly for a 2-pack of the 6-plug ones, but the slickdeal poster received 2 boxes, each containing 2 of the 6-plugs and 2 single plugs.

I'm skipping it since all my devices are Z-wave Plus and these guys aren't. But the price is awesome, even if you only get 1 box.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it.. It’s non-plus z-wave and will act as repeaters at the slower rate of 40kbps

2 Likes

Is it possible to turn off their repeating functions so it doesn't slow down the mesh? I don't need it as a repeater but need to buy new power strips and this would be nice to have (although the original deal is dead now)

I've never noticed any issues with my Z-wave devices and I've had mine a while now.

Fantastic deal, sold out really fast. And I have a Slickdeals alert and it never went off. I already have 2, but even for just a power strip that's very reasonable.

No

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

On second thoughts, I'm beginning to think this is worth it. It'd be at the opposite end of the apartment from my other zwave devices with the hub in the middle so I won't expect any of my zwave devices to go through it. For the price, it's much cheaper than the zen power strip and since I also need a power strip, might as well go with this. Worst case (if it's affecting my mesh), I'd either unpair it from the hub and use it as a regular power strip or add it to ST and use hubconnect...

1 Like

I had to the the same thing. Working great on the 2 I bought from monoprice.

1 Like

Thx. Just ordered one

2 Likes

Ditto. Can't go wrong for $19.99!

I recently moved over from Wink and had to give up my 8 Quirky Genius strips. Looking for an alternative and came across these for 20 bucks on Amazon. Ordered one and set it up without issues using the drivers provided here. Just ordered two more. With six controllable outlets I have to think of new ways to use them. The people here are the main reason I wish I switched from Wink earlier.

2 Likes

That is not how Zwave mesh works. If it wants to route through it, it will no matter where it is physically located.

By the way, the code at Hubitat/GreenWavePowerNode_6.groovy at master · Roysteroonie/Hubitat · GitHub include some extra text at the end that I had to remove after importing it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, since the Platform Update 2.2.1.113 the switch status and power metering of all Greenwave Powernodes is no longer updated and the Dashboard switch-tiles are unresponsive, I am still able to turn them on and off in their respective device window, but the status is not updated here as well.
A rollback to the previous platform version 2.2.0.132 fixed it for now.
I am a total noob when i comes to driver modification so my big hope is your expertise.
The Log shows the following:
[dev:954]2020-06-06 19:49:33.981 [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@47d7bf26] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

[dev:954]2020-06-06 19:49:33.910 [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@5e52d098] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

[dev:954] [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@1333096f] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

Can you update the Parent? Thanks to help from Support, I've updated the parsing.

I'm not sure if you have the Powernode 5 or 6.
But both are in the link above, or the direct links in the first post.

1 Like

and thanks to you and posting this and looking at your changes....I was able to update my AEON HEM v1 code. Thanks!

1 Like