Greenwave Powernode 5/6 extension driver

On second thoughts, I'm beginning to think this is worth it. It'd be at the opposite end of the apartment from my other zwave devices with the hub in the middle so I won't expect any of my zwave devices to go through it. For the price, it's much cheaper than the zen power strip and since I also need a power strip, might as well go with this. Worst case (if it's affecting my mesh), I'd either unpair it from the hub and use it as a regular power strip or add it to ST and use hubconnect...

1 Like

I had to the the same thing. Working great on the 2 I bought from monoprice.

1 Like

Thx. Just ordered one

2 Likes

Ditto. Can't go wrong for $19.99!

I recently moved over from Wink and had to give up my 8 Quirky Genius strips. Looking for an alternative and came across these for 20 bucks on Amazon. Ordered one and set it up without issues using the drivers provided here. Just ordered two more. With six controllable outlets I have to think of new ways to use them. The people here are the main reason I wish I switched from Wink earlier.

2 Likes

That is not how Zwave mesh works. If it wants to route through it, it will no matter where it is physically located.

By the way, the code at Hubitat/GreenWavePowerNode_6.groovy at master · Roysteroonie/Hubitat · GitHub include some extra text at the end that I had to remove after importing it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it :wink:

2 Likes

Hello, since the Platform Update 2.2.1.113 the switch status and power metering of all Greenwave Powernodes is no longer updated and the Dashboard switch-tiles are unresponsive, I am still able to turn them on and off in their respective device window, but the status is not updated here as well.
A rollback to the previous platform version 2.2.0.132 fixed it for now.
I am a total noob when i comes to driver modification so my big hope is your expertise.
The Log shows the following:
[dev:954]2020-06-06 19:49:33.981 [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@47d7bf26] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

[dev:954]2020-06-06 19:49:33.910 [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@5e52d098] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

[dev:954] [error]groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_copycat73_GreenWave_PowerNode_6_609.parse() is applicable for argument types: (hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap) values: [hubitat.zwave.commands.multichannelv4.MultiChannelCmdEncap@1333096f] Possible solutions: parse(java.lang.String), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), wait(), run(), ping(), poll() (parse)

Can you update the Parent? Thanks to help from Support, I've updated the parsing.

I'm not sure if you have the Powernode 5 or 6.
But both are in the link above, or the direct links in the first post.

1 Like

and thanks to you and posting this and looking at your changes....I was able to update my AEON HEM v1 code. Thanks!

1 Like

I'm missing my "Current States" on the parent device.
The first time I set this up, I paired the power strip first, then installed the driver. The current showed, but not any child devices.
So, I had to redo it, and install the driver first, which fixed the child devices, but now I can't see the power readings.
I've tried to remove, and redo it a couple more times, but there are still no current states on the parent device.
Any ideas?

I actually just saw your post above about updating the parent.
I tried that, excluded, rebooted, and re-included also.
Still, no power readings.
Thanks

Can I ask which is the correct driver for the single-outlet greenwave device that comes with the power strips?

or

The first one doesnt seem to refresh the power usage on a consistent basis.

Hi, sorry I don't understand what you mean by "single outlet"?
These drivers are for the 5 plug or 6 plug strip, not the singles.

The recent monoprice deal that has ignited more discussion in this thread, contains:

2 6-outlet power strips - Your driver
2 1-outlet smart plugs - Searching for a driver?
1 Zwave Smart display - I dont think anyone has gotten a smart display working with hubitat yet
1 Greenwave hub/controller.

Hopefully that makes sense and thank you for the 6-node driver, it works great! Just looking for the single-outlet driver now. The device functions when I use either of the drivers I referenced in my last post, but only the 2nd one reports power usage on a regular basis.

1 Like

Ah cool, then I can help you out with the Single too, just not the Smart Display :frowning:

I think this is the one I got working, sadly I don't have the singles any more, so I cant check.
Another annoying thing is, I couldn't get the light to stop flashing on the plugs. The only thing I could do was use RM to send a refresh to all Greenwave plugs every two mins, that stops it. Hopefully the driver will be ok for you.

Royski, thanks so much for compiling this information and helping people get these things working... unfortunately I'm stuck at a pretty early step. I've added both drivers to my hub (Drivers Code > New Driver > Copy the raw text > Save), but when I go to discover the Z-Wave device, it doesn't see anything... is there a sequence of button presses I need to do on this thing to make it discoverable? What am I missing?

Cheers :+1:

Have you installed both the parent and child driver?

To pair just search for devices and hit the power button. Probably best excluding first but the process is the same, hit exclude and then press the power button.

1 Like

Yes, I installed both drivers by going to Drivers Code > New Driver > Copy the raw text > Save. And if i go by to the Drivers Code tab, both are listed.

I tried to Exclude Z-Wave and then press the button and then do an Inclusion and press the button on and off, but it never sees it. I would think it would even see the device as some generic Z-wave even if the drivers weren't there, right?