Garage Door Set Up

Today I added a 12 volt relay and smart outlet to my garage door opener. So when I turn the switch on, it activates the relay and open/ closes the garage door. I would like to set up a rule to have the switch turn on for 2 seconds and then off & stay off. It only needs to turn on when I want to open or close the garage door. Also, if i add the outlet to my dashboard will the switch stay in the off mode.

Thanks

@dago5252

What smart outlet did you use? It may be possible to write a driver for it that automatically turns it off if it is turned on. I use a Securifi Peanut for the same purpose and use a momentary driver for the Securifi Peanut.

If you stick with RM, your rule would look like this:

Trigger: Outlet turns on
Action: Turn outlet off with a delay of 2 seconds

P.S. Just noticed you're in NOLA ...... I'm in Metry

1 Like

I am using a Samsung outlet. Would I need the momentary driver before setting up the rule.

Good to see someone local with the HE interest. I am actually on the NS but born & raised in NOLA.

Thanks

No. A momentary driver would make the rule unnecessary.

So, if I add the outlet to my dashboard, will the rule be enforced?

Thanks

How does this look?

No, that's no good. When you turn "Garage Door" off, there's a choice to build in a delay. That's where you want the 2 seconds.

1 Like

Yes. Definitely.

Got it. I made the adjustment below.

Looks good. Should work. And it'll work from the Dashboard too.

Awesome, thanks for the help!! I am still trying to learn the terminology of RM 4.0.

Geaux Tigers!!

Dude - that first half rocked.

Agreed. We just need to milk the clock and get the W.

1 Like

Bama will be back..:grin:

I think not. :tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger:

Almost made it....

Hey, I decided to add a Samsung contact sensor to let me know if the garage door is open. I want to implement the contact into to my rule but can't seem to get it to work yet. I got the sensor to connect to HE, but I would like a notification when the garage door is open when the contact sensor is open.

Thanks

I've got two separate rules:

Rule 1:

Control the Garage Door based on the position of the sensor (open/closed). This rule makes use of two virtual switches "Close Garage Door" and "Raise Garage Door".

Rule-2:

This rule sends me notifications when the door is open or closed, and will automatically close the door after 1 hour, unless a virtual switch called "Persist" is on.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It may take me a day or two to figure this out!!! LOL. Keep you posted

1 Like