Firmware 2.2.4 and Aeotec Door/Window Series 7 issues

Aeotec confirmed the issue and has stated they are preparing a firmware update to fix the issue.

8 Likes

Amazing thanks for the update

2 Likes

@bcopeland I just want to thank for all your help in this situation. I sure everyone appreciate this time you took to keep everyone inform about this issue. Thanks you and have a good thanksgiving.

4 Likes

These seem really chatty. Is there any way to slow that down?

On the C-7? How are you joining them? Because of the S2 bug in the Aeotec firmware, I've joined mine without security and I am only seeing open/close events when they happen and an occasional battery report every 6-12 hours or so. Even when I had mine joined with S2, All I saw were the occasional battery reports. Of course, I didn't see door open/close events.

I originally has it set up with S2 but rejoined it without when I read this article.

I know it's no help to say "I'm not seeing that".

It may help to post some logs of the sensor when it's being overly chatty so others can see what's going on.

1 Like

Recessed Door Sensor 7 firmware V1.05 is now available, you can find it at this link here: Update Recessed Door Sensor 7 V1.05 : Aeotec Group

This firmware update will resolve the session ID issue with Supervisor CC.

6 Likes

Has anyone successfully updated yet. I seem to be held on the Firmware Update Status page on Getting Device Versions (for 15 mins). All that’s happening is the done button occasionally changes colour?

Ok.. Slight oversight on my part.. Sleepy devices need some work.. what you are going to want to do is disable the device (so it can’t send wakeup no more information). Then trigger a wakeup right before you start the process

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply, will try now!

Future updates I plan to intercept the wake up

4 Likes

I’m getting further now. Made it to the Requesting Device Start Firmware Transfer and being held there :man_shrugging: Will keep trying

It's Working!!!! Blonde moment though... Forgot to go back and re-enable it :grin: Thanks for the hard work everyone!

I tried this -
US Firmware - US device.
First the file name has spaces - error no spaces or special characters allowed
Corrected that, removed spaces.
Now at Device did not respond to firmware metadata request
Got through that with random wake up / hitting button / holding button on device
Picked file
Picked device
Picked firmware
Stuck at getting device versions / abort retry - multiple times.
Hit button multiple times.
Finally Held button till solid red light.
Got transferring firmware
Takes forever + 60 min @ 40k
Tip: Make sure you have new battery installed.
Took about an hour of futzing. Even with the cats help.
After getting to 98+ %
Update failed - firmware doesn’t match target
Tried again - stuck at Getting Device Versions

How did you get the file to upload? I have been trying and it keeps saying that it uploading but just stays there been quite a while? I took the spaces away etc.

I used the “Im frustrated - you will comply” method.
I just kept hitting - holding - hitting - double quadruple tap on the button in no particular order until it said uploading and the light stayed on full.
It takes about 3 min per %. So to initially get to 1% took the light being solid for a while after saying uploading
I’m trying again now and at 62% but I wouldn’t be shocked if it fails again at the 90% zone.

Thanks I thought it was just me?

Yea.. Sleepy devices can be tricky for firmware updates.. I plan on adding functionality to make this easier.

1 Like

Awesome @ccheng does this mean that you other devices will have that new file type so we can update firmware though Hubitat?

1 Like