Echo Speaks error getDeviceActivity

Is anyone else seeing errors from Echo Speaks? Since yesterday afternoon the 'getDeviceActivitiy' fails with an error 404 not found. I'm figuring it's an Amazon issue but they usually clear up in a few hours. Did Amazon maybe change something?

I also noticed several hours of this error last night when I scanned the logs...

Ok, thanks for confirming its not just me. I'll just wait to see if it clears up.

Same here has been happening consistently since yesterday some time. Either something at Amazon is offline or they made changes and broke part of the app again.

getDeviceActivity | Response Exception | Status: (404) | Msg: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found

same here

This error seems to have stopped. Likely was something on Amazon’s side of things.

Doesn't seem to have stopped for me.

Yea... still out as of 6pm eastern. They must still be working on it or they changed something.

same here every 7 minutes..

anybody in the new when it gets fixed will it clear itself or do we need to do something.

doesnt seem to have adversly affected talking.. wonder what is actually broken

ok i put some debugging in to try and see what url it is trying to hit during the getdeviceactivity call and getting the 404 thinking maybe it doesnt resolve. but it goes to this page...

1 Like

It is back for me too. Seems like every 10 minutes now.

It is something with Amazon's api site/s. This gives the same page as posted above - https://api.amazonalexa.com

You can add me to the list, coming in about every 10 mins.

Still erroring out today

1 Like

It won't solve the issue with Amazon, but if you comment out line 2800

respExceptionHandler(ex, "getDeviceActivity")

the error message should stop being generated.

5 Likes

Ya thinking of adding an option to disable thst feature so can easily turn iy back on when/if it us fixed.

You just run a repair in HPM and it will restore the code back to the original.

2 Likes

I've been getting these errors since this evening. It seems similar to what everyone else was seeing last week.

Did everyone else's just suddenly start working or did you all do something?

No.

Yes, ignore it.

1 Like

I have rem'ed out five lines (2783 through 2787) in the Echo Speaks app and i am no longer seeing any errors in my logs and I can still send voice announcements.
I am not using any other functionality in Echo Speaks, so i don't know if this has effected any other functionality ... but evidently it's not working anyway, so i don't think you will loose anything.

Was that just blind luck you removed that and things are okay?
Btw I’m noticing these errors today.