[DRIVER] Zooz ZEN55 DC Sensor (for Smoke/CO Alarms)

@jtp10181 I just installed a Zen55 this past weekend. Do these devices check in with the hub on any given interval? I ask because I haven't had any events logged since I installed it and wanted to confirm this is the correct behavior. I am hoping to force some sort of update at least 24 hours so I know it is still connected and reporting updates given it is monitoring my smoke and CO alarms.

Thanks!

They do not.

Discussed in this very thread.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Since lots of people have been looking for a health check of sorts I have added a very basic implementation of the Health Status check [Project] Device Health Status [Tuya, Aqara, Ikea, Sonoff, Lidl, ThirdReality and others].

There is a setting where you can set the interval it checks. The driver will just issue a refresh to check, and if no response is received within the next 10 seconds it will change the status to offline and then retry once to reach the device again.

I would still highly recommend monitoring the Last Activity using the Device Activity Check app, the (optional) scheduled refreshes I added will prevent DAC from having to refresh it every day.
[RELEASE] Device Activity Check - Get notifications for "inactive" devices

Version [1.2.0] - 2024-09-14

• Added singleThreaded flag
  • Update library and common code
  • Fix for range expansion and sharing with Hub Mesh
  • Added device Healthcheck / healthStatus
5 Likes

I get this error when I ping:

Also, import doesn't seem to work; it does nothing, even when trying to import a brand new driver.

edit: "Configure" didn't help the ping error.

I did not realize adding the Health Check capability actually did anything, never noticed that Ping command getting added so I don't have a function for it. Will get a patched version with a fix.

What are you looking for it to do when you click the Ping? The easy solution for me is to just run a refresh. When the device responds will update the last activity date and also will send an "online" event but if the device is already marked online you wont see anything from that.

Should it indicate somewhere that the device did in fact respond? I could log something when it responds but that needs a little extra coding, and you also have to have logs open to see the reply.

1 Like

I was just pushing buttons. No big opinions.

Although I don't use ping, I would agree that a Refresh seems like the reasonable action.

As I mentioned up in post 62, getting an acknowledgment to a Refresh in the logs is a nice warm-fuzzy, but now that I know to just verify that the LastActivity stamp updates as expected along with this new HealthCheck feature, that satisfies my "Is this thing still working OK??" paranoia :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked a the Zooz documentation for the Zen55. It seems really poor compared to other Zooz products I have used.

@kanewolf do you have a question or something you are trying to figure out?

No. I was just looking at what use-cases were possible, and was disappointed in the limited information in the Zooz documentation. I don't even remember seeing a good diagram of the unit with all the cables clearly labeled.

Just saw HPM showed an update to the driver and ran the update procedure and got following error. Ran a manual update and that seemed to worked fine... FYI

Just tested it on one of my hubs I had not run the update on yet, worked fine here. If you have any sort of DNS ad blocking it could be blocking that domain as a "tracker" since it is used to track the number of downloads.