Create Dakboard-alike dashboard with HE Dashboard

Hi all,

I'm after a family dashboard page that can show family calendar and a couple of screenshots taken from the finance software (pocketsmith.com) - to know whether our family spending on-track or not.

What I have in mind is to install full kiosk browser on Android table and have the following dashboard displayed:

• Shows third-party calendar list (through .ical file)
  • Shows date and time on top (nice to have)
  • Ability to move to a different dashboard when user click on a specific tile
  • Cycle background image (nice to have: ability to show different image background based on today's weather)
  • Shows weather icons/weather info for the day, something like this:

I looked at Dakboard, 80% of the feature I'm after is there, unfortunately, it is too costly (especially if I wanted to have 'multiple screens loop' option).
With Dakboard, there is no ability to click on an image/icon and make it full screen/move to different screen.

I don't mind to pay a little bit, but not as expensive as dakboard, ideally once-off (after all this is personal use, not for commercial - which is what Dakboard target market from the looks of it).

The fact I have HE, do you think HE can do such thing?
Ideally simple enough that I don't have to tinker around too much.

Thanks in advance

I always watch/read dashboard related posts - but I have come to a personal conclusion that HE isn't really a dashboard solution, it's more of a content generator. If you approach your question with that mindset, you might conclude HE isn't really the answer... IMHO.
There are a plethora of dashboard and dashboard related tools and apps - from the ActionTiles all the way to paid integrations. I feel like I've touched them all.
A smart mirror with touch running Magic Mirror, then customized with some CSS and HE maker output could solve this, but it won't be a 1 night task!
This guys Magic Mirror for example, is really nice... and there are numerous utubes vid's on the subject that might be more specific to your wants and needs.

A couple of things you may want to consider:

It also has the forecast overnight / tomorrow, but I don't believe it can download the forecast for 7 days at the moment. I intend to take another look at this myself at some point.

1 Like

This is my custom hubitat weather panel app, it does weather and randomly cycles background images. I’m using the BPTWorld Weather.gov driver for forecast data. Feel free to tweak the code below for your own use case.

Code:

Instructions:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your responses, appreciate it.

I checked out sharptools.io and it has the capability to show a different dashboard by pressing a tile, can we achieve similar thing with HE dashboard?
Thanks

I guess natively, Hubitat dashboard cannot do such thing?
A tile that will show another dashboard page

There are Dashboard Link tiles and Link tiles....

1 Like

And iframes if you want to display the content on the other dashboard

2 Likes

Err...sorry, not sure the difference, where and how can I get this?
Thank you

They are under the tile templates when you add a new tile