Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

I'm cleaning up several server closets and rooms right now on client sites (I'm a network engineer) .... Not happy...

1 Like

That was then migrated to this Power9 and a 2U FlashSystem. This will probably get replaced Q1 2024.

1 Like

I recently completed a SAN Fabric migration from 9513's to 9396 and 9250 (FCIP) for a client. Thankfully, I was remote only and IBM did all the physical in one of their NY Colo.

First time I can ever recall having to actually do a switch reload (per TAC) to fix an issue (FCIP tunnels would not come up). This was after upgrading the NXOS. Project I took over from a coworker that got let go. Ugh. What a dumpster fire that one was.

I also do Brocade fabrics, IBM Power and Storage.

Said coworker also left me with an in-flight Brocade migration that was a trainwreck as well.

To give you an idea about when I last had my hands on an ibm, it was a 3090 :rofl:

1 Like

This one? :wink:

4 Likes

Sorry corrected. 3090... I hate typing on phones

1 Like

When I did some consulting work for Comcast out in their NJ head we were redoing the entire network rack for audio / video / cable box management networks. We weren't allowed to take photo's of the finished product because back then that was considered the "Family Jewels" of their service. Our location won a award for the quality of work that went into the layout of the racks, the coloring and cable management, and efficient use of space. I hated cutting over 5k custom cables and they weren't just Ethernet, audio, video, microphones everthing was patchable to the equipment. The entire studio complex also was 100% software controlled for A/V.

At my age today I don't think I would ever survive a project of that size again.

2 Likes

ES/9000 for me, around 1992.

2 Likes

Very much the same base hardware as the original AS/400 models (Est 1988) until the RS/6000 and AS/400 merged to a common (PowerPC) hardware platform in 2008. IBM used those book style cards across many platforms. I seem to recall the ZIF cards were used in some models as well.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

My kids love listening to a podcast that retells the original versions of Grimm’s fairy tales.

Those two brothers were real sick :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

Even worse than @rlithgow1 :smiling_imp:.

5 Likes

Debatable :wink:

6 Likes

Podcast name? I'd like to check it out.

1 Like

In German?

It’s in English, lol.

2 Likes

Looks like a new podcast option for me to enjoy while watching the dogs. Thanks! Love the Grimms grimmness. :wink:

1 Like

My favorite podcast that I binged had been Darknet Diaries.. Great listen if you haven't heard before.

5 Likes

".... treason day"
wow. I can understand the sentiment, and yet, we remain friends.

1 Like