Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny Stuff) of Hubitat

So say many indigenous Australian's.... Happy belated Invasion Day.... Say's me who typically enjoys the English sense of humour...

2 Likes

This is what we put on our kids' birthday cakes each year...is that not appropriate? :wink:

1 Like

Given you facilitated the invasion, perhaps not... :wink:

2 Likes

Says the penal colony... :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I provided a darker response that I chose to recall... But yes, we can by no means claim the high ground here....

2 Likes

do it jewish GIF

I refer to Thanksgiving as "Happy invade the country, kill the aborigine and celebrate with a dead fowl day"....

3 Likes

Invade what country?

That's pretty much what I wrote, in a summarised form.... Not claiming to be an expert on the topic, but knowing that we completely F'ed the existence of a large group of people who had happily inhabited the land I now enjoy as my own.

So while I complain about the cost of living driven by a war in a foreign country and energy shortages driven by other foreign activities, I could understand others sitting there saying... "we had all that we wanted and were not impacted by the folly of someone in a far-flung land...".

4 Likes

There were others in the U.S. before it became the U.S.... With no concept of a country that we know today.... though that may not have been what Rick was referring to...

2 Likes

I'm sitting not many miles away from where the first Thanksgiving took place. I know very well about the history of this area before and after (even though my ancestors did not migrate to the US until only about a century ago).

And I'm sitting a lot further away, so cannot claim any high moral ground... Nor any significant knowledge of the history of events like Thanksgiving... Or the founding of the U.S.... So will quickly retreat from my position.... Only to encourage reflection of the history of the area beyond a persons direct ancestory....

3 Likes

2 Likes

Remember when we used to talk about floppy disks... :wink:

5 Likes

The title of this thread should be changed to " Cartoons (& Memes & Weird Funny people"

4 Likes

Emphasis added... :wink:

2 Likes

Agree, important to understand the broader history and context of places you currently inhabit/call your own. Along those lines...(a repeat, but I love it). For fun, replace "restaurant" and "storefront" with village, town, city, county, state, province, country, etc. :smiley:

3 Likes

5 Likes

@rlithgow1

2 Likes

Try "Happy Uterus liberation day" next time :rofl:

2 Likes