Can't control any Z-Wave devices

It took two tries, but I was able to successfully exclude it. It took 2 tries, but the second one worked. After the exclude, control over the Z-Wave network was lost again for approx 5 minutes. This may have been due to just pressing a button while it was still in the network. Rechecked "Z-Wave Details". Everything looks good.

So, what's my best strategy? Wait a week or so see if the problem reappears. If it doesn't, I'd really like an explanation of what pushing a button on the scene controller could do to just shut down my network.

If it doesn't reappear I'm going to assume the controller is defective and exchange it. i really like these controllers and it's ideal for my application.

You should definitely not have lost your network after the exclude. My guess... something else is going on with your zwave network that adding the zooz button exposed. Can you post your zwave details page? Maybe something will jump out to either of us or someone else who reads the thread.

1 Like

i think you're on to something, because now it's gone again. Which you prefer? Hubitat details page or "...Z-Wave Mesh Details"?

I like the zwave mesh details app too but let's start with the Hubitat page... maybe our combined brain power will find something!

May be related: One of my Zooz Zen32 is Flooding Logs

I could imagine a situation where it was flooding the logs and taking down the mesh.

I saw that post, but the Zen32 is now gone and my network is uncontrollable again.

Are 0x65 (101) and 0x6c (108) the older Zooz 4-in-one?

Either way, they are paired S0 which can cause lots of traffic. I would be suspect of those two.

Does literally EVERY device become unreachable or just some? If some I wonder if there's a pattern. I did notice a bunch of S0 devices. That could be part of the problem. They can be chatty. The two Zooz ones also show a relatively high number of route changes compared to the rest of the network though they arent repeaters.

1 Like

Trying to dig up the relevant threads, here is one about the 4-in-1. It also was removed from the C7 compatibility list due to issues. If you search, this sensor comes up quite often as problematic.

neonturbo: the Zooz 4-in-1 are brand new. Days old. Firmware 32.2

brad5: I can't say "all", because there's a lot to test, but of the 25 or so that I've tried to control, none are responsive. Yet, all the reporting devices are calling home just fine. Sensors, locks, + devices. (I have a lot of legacy GE/Jasco devices that don't report.)

There are 4 S0 devices: 2 brand new ones and 2 older Kwikset locks. I'd be willing to consider the Zooz 4-in-1's, but I've had the locks since day one.

If they are the newer 700 series, you can ignore the compatibility issue. But still, the sensors being S0 can cause problems, for every parameter (humidity, temp, etc) it sends 3x reports on S0. So these are very chatty when paired that way.

Were the sensors added at the same time as the issues started?

The locks cannot be paired with anything but S0, and that is fine.

I was trying to figure out if maybe one of your heavily used repeaters is flaky.

There are some threads that suggest powering down your hub (and removing power) for at least 30 seconds gives your zwave radio a chance to flush... dunno whether you've tried that but it wouldn't hurt.

Okay, that's what I'll try now. At least 30 minutes.

I think 30 seconds is sufficient

2 Likes

Did 2 minutes earlier today and that didn't do anything. I'll give the capacitors time to drain.

The Zooz 4-in-1s are both Plus devices (Ver 2.0), but I'll try excluding them next if I can get the network to broadcast. It's receiving, just not sending. They're the only devices I've added anywhere close to the time frame of this issue. I would seriously doubt the Ecolink devices. All they do is report.

Well I don't think it will make any difference but it won't hurt!

1 Like

So far all I've received from Hubitat so far is an auto-responder. I'm also wondering if the database error I received (500) is any way related. I watch my hub stats regularly and reboot weekly through a schedule and have never seen anything above 45 so 616 was a real shock.

I think a lot of work has been done on stabilizing the database issues over the last few releases. Does your device stats show any particular device spewing out data?

1 Like

No. And I was using 2.2.8 at the time. By the time 2.3.0 was released, I think that issue was addressed.