One of my Zooz Zen32 is Flooding Logs

Should I be concerned? I have 4 of these and this is the only one showing this amount of traffic in the General Logs & Z-Wave Logs? I have debug and Description Text logging disabled and haven't noticed any issues with this device or my ZWave mesh in general.

General Logs:

Z-Wave Logs:

Zooz seems to have a knack for flooding the HE, or possibly it's the hub not responding as zooz expects, I don't know.
Can you change reporting parameters in the driver? If not use Basic z-wave toolbox to tweak parameters for reporting

search "Basic Z-Wave toolbox"

Copyright 2016, 2017, 2018 Hubitat Inc.  All Rights Reserved

2018-11-28 maxwell
	-add command hints
2018-11-09 maxwell
	-add association and version reports

usage:
	-replace existing driver with this driver
	-set your paremeters
	-replace this driver with previous driver

Which device driver is it using? Is it the same as the others?

@agnes.zooz & @bobbyD I've noticed that the Zen32 has a debug message that isn't complying with the current debug flag setting in the Zooz Zen32 Scene Controller driver in the Hubitat Drivers - this specifically shows up using a custom action to set the LED on the buttons.

The debug message @stephen_nutt shows in his first picture above appears to be the same debug message I'm seeing.

I'm not seeing the flooding problem, just this one message when the rule runs that calls the custom action on the actuator.

I dont know whether this is something Zooz provides to Hubitat or Hubitat does internally, so I tagged you both!

Scott

How often are you setting the LED? It would probably show up for every change made indicating the parameter was changed. It should only show IF debug logging is turned on though, so if you have it off I would say it is bug in the driver.

Thanks @jtp10181 -- sorry I didn't make that clear.

This only occurs when my rule runs, and makes a change to the LED through the custom action/actuator method. And your point is exactly what I was intending to illustrate -- it outputs the debug message to the log/messages despite the the Debugging for that device being turned off.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the device driver, but I'm reluctant to shout "BUG" from the rooftops! :), as most threads that start out with "Bug in RM" end up being user error. :slight_smile:

S.

Paging the ZWave driver dev @bcopeland, possible issue with debug logging in the stock ZEN32 driver.

I’ll check it out..

3 Likes

I'm trying to figure out how to change the LED Color / Staus depending on condition. Would you be willing to share how you are accomplishing this. TIA

I would first make sure you are on firmware 10.20 and then check out the community driver at the top of this thread (link goes to my post about the new firmware)

Sure.

In the Screenshot, note the command "setLED(3, 'red', 100) on FMR Pot Lights (Rear) on Hub-4" in the IF section of the Conditional.

That sets LED 3, which i believe is the bottom left indicator LED on the Zen32 to red. The 'green' version sets it to green in the ELSE-IF portion of the conditional action.

S

Hi, I have been unable to locate the setLED command in any rule app, could you give me a hand with how to find it, TIA

That is done via variables by the looks of it

You have to use a custom Action in Rule Machine. Button controller I think has custom actions also

And add all the parameters

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.