[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN32 Scene Controller (community driver)

I have tried everything that has been suggested. Obviously there is a problem on my end, so I found out how to soft reset the hub. When I do, the code loads fine. But if I restore my hub obviously the problem also restores and I cannot load the code again.

So does anyone know if there is a way to backup just your apps and rules? This might help me not have to manually recreate everything?

You could try exporting all of the apps from the App Status page, then restore them to a reset hub? You'll have to match up the old and new devices on import, but a lot easier than totally starting over.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=App_Status#Export.2FImport.2FClone

Thank you!

Thanks again. I backed everything up then when I soft restarted I noticed all my devices are gone. I thought they would remain, but I guess not - trying to decide how bad I want this switch to work...from what I can tell I am going to have to re-add all my devices?

Most likely, yes. But: your Z-Wave database is separate from the hub database, and it's possible you'll still have the devices in Settings > Z-Wave Details and can just select "Discover" to get a Hubitat device re-created. (I haven't tried this, so it may not work.) This assumes you do not reset the Z-Wave radio or do a full reset (soft is fine). If you do, you'll have to start over pairing, even with a hub backup (unless you have the Hub Protect subscription). I don't think there's anything like this for Zigbee.

Either way, it might still be easier to re-pair (unless Z-Wave does work like that). The hub database can't be split into devices vs. apps--you get the whole thing (and the Z-Wave database is entirely separate), so I'm not sure what else to suggest.

All - I have confirmation from Zooz that 10.20 is public and you can request it here: New Ticket - Zooz Support Center

Excited to announce also that per the requests of users on this forum (and my continued harassment) they added a setting in 10.20 to disable the LED flashing when the parameters are changed. This lets you seamlessly change LED colors and settings without the large button LED flashing every time! It is parameter 23, and you can set it manually using the command in this driver, see below.

If anyone wants to make a quick video showing some LED color changes (without flashing) and indicator command flashing it would be awesome to add to this post for people to see what you can do.

4 Likes

I've playing around with the driver. I noticed doing a triple tap on button 5 (equivalent to button 15) will attempt a Z-Wave Inclusion each time. Obviously with the device already added, this probably (?) won't cause any problems and the correct scene gets applied, but is there a setting to prevent re-inclusion of an already included device?

Nope, just a quirk of the device. :slight_smile: (But as you note,not a problem unless a nearby controller is in exclusion mode at that time. Inclusion mode won't be a problem for a device already included on any network.)

EDIT: See below -- apparently there's a way now? I know this was something that was asked for in the past, so maybe it's new...

Ah, that makes sense. On another note, I saw some additional posts on the thread about turning the LED indicators on and off based on changes to another switch. I was hoping to tie buttons 1-4 indicators to the status of my Zen16 relay, which has a parent and 3 children nodes. I'd imagine B1 being lit if the parent is in an ON state and B2-4 being lit if the any child node is in an ON state. Would that involve a lot of Rule Machine rules?

Yeah, or really anything else too (e.g., a custom app) that can run the custom commands to set the LED status. I thought about writing one that could tie them to a real switch's state but ended up just using a rule, so I'm not sure I will haha.

I am sure I did it the “wrong” way, but I create virtual switches for each button I want to have lighting control for…the upside is that using Alexa/Google to turn something on or off…or the zen32 buttons (which also “flip” the virtual switch) ends up changing the status led to the correct color based on status. Hopefully that makes sense.

Has been working well for a few months now.

Check Parameter 22 you can set it using this driver, size 1, value 1 will disable it. I set this on all my Zooz switches.
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/608-zen32-scene-controller-advanced-settings/

Enable / disable programming on the relay button

Parameter 22: Enable or disable programming functionality on the relay button. If this setting is disabled, then inclusion, exclusion, manual LED indicator change mode no longer work when the relay button is activated (factory reset and scene control will still work) - that means you can now use triple-tap triggers on the relay button for scenes and remote control of other devices.

Values: 0 – programming enabled (default). 1 – programming disabled.

1 Like

Hey guys. I really tried to figure this out on my own but Im not sure I get whats going on. I managed to update the device to 10.30 but I can figure out how to get access to the extra 4 buttons when using it in an app like Simple Lighting Control. The option for the extra buttons just isnt there. Heres some screenshots of the setup device. i am using the community driver.

What "extra buttons" are you looking for? The button event names and values (button numbers) that you'd be looking for when configuring any app are detailed by a diagram int he first post. It looks like the last action you performed on the device at the time you took your screenshot was a triple tap of the large/top button, which as diagrammed gets translated into "button 15 pushed," for example. (I know this is a bit confusing, but Hubitat doesn't have a native "quntuple-tapped a button" event, so it's a bit of math to make it all work with the standard pushed, held, and released events. :slight_smile: )

That is what you'd be looking for when trying to configure a "trigger" for a specific event in any app.

The "extra buttons" aren't showing up in this app. I'm on mobile now but here's some screenshots. The triple tap was me including it back in after the 10.30 update. The only one showing up is master bedroom main lights which is the big button relay.

There is only one device, not one for each button. The buttons are distinguished as mentioned above, based on the event name (pushed/held/released) and button number (1-25). The on/off commands basically apply only to the big button since it's what actually can (or not) control a directly-attached load, but otherwise everything is basically applicable to the device as a whole.

It will show up as whatever you named it when/after pairing the device, or as whatever you might change it to later on the device detail page. Sounds like it should be "Master Bedroom Main Lights" for you? If so, choose it in that list, then enter the appropriate button number (see first post in thread) and event name (assuming SAR lets you use something besides push, which I don't remember off the top of my head...) for the real-world action you want it to correspond to.

Got it working. Used the native driver tho. Seems to work well. Thanks.

That works! The native driver maxes out at double taps, so the biggest reason you might want a custom driver (I think it does have most other features mine does...) is if you want all five for each button. They work similarly other than using different event values for the multi taps, as indicated above.

I saw that. I'd be able to tap x5. Not sure I need that many combos on that switch for right now but do appreciate the work put in as always. A few more color options than the restaurant crayon 4 pack would be nice but hey, what can you do.

Hey all, I have a C7 and am using the (outstanding!) @bertabcd1234 community driver with my new ZEN32, which I upgraded to the latest firmware 10.30 (and it reports as such). I also excluded and reincluded after the update (this is not my first rodeo, although it is with this particular device).

Is anyone else on 10.30 having an issue with the flash command using setindicator? I'm trying to make LED 1 flash. If I select "on" or "off" for the mode* it works as expected (so it's responding to the broader setindicator command in the driver OK), but if the mode* is "flash" it .. doesn't flash. It just stays on.

This happens both using the setindicator settings in the device (selecting flash from the dropdown) or in a 5.1 rule. All my parameters are, I think, OK - (1, flash, 20,50, 20)

I'm mystified, would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks!