C8 Migration from C7

@accd2793e8934ca914d6 I had a heck of a time getting some of my hue outdoor sensors to come back post-migration. When you re-pair the hue sensor make sure you hold the pairing button down for at least 15 seconds.
I have occasionally had issues where a sensor has gone offline and rebooting the radio seems to help.

I’ve seen a bunch of other folks having problems with the hues - would not be surprised if there was something else going on.

Tagging support in hopes they’re tracking these @support_team

Yes the Hue is slow blinking the orange light but the C8 refuses to detect it.

Me too, and that's what I mentioned to @accd2793e8934ca914d6 in the PM.

1 Like

Dang, that is way too intelligent behavior for this forum... :wink: Excellent approach and you got the results you deserved. :smiley:

1 Like

My (2) Hue Outdoor Motions migrated fine. I did upgrade them not too long ago to the latest firmware, but no idea if that made any difference at all.

2 Likes

My C-8 has been up and running for about a day and everything is working fine.

I've been watching the getChildAndRouteInfo page to figure out how my zigbee devices are interacting with the new hub and I'm not sure how to determine what's directly connected to it versus going through repeaters.

Looking at the Route table "via" entries, with the exception of [Living Room Light, 37E1], the other devices are all on the lower level.

I also have 2 child devices, but they aren't identified.

How do you interpret this?

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [networkId=0, childCount=2, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=FFFF]

Child Data
child:[null, FA38, type:UNKNOWN]
child:[null, 9517, type:UNKNOWN]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Printer Light, 05AC], LQI:121, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Desk Light, 27F5], LQI:196, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Living Room Light, 37E1], LQI:201, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Cassandra's Light, 3B0C], LQI:141, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Third Reality Plug, 578C], LQI:178, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:2
[TV Light, 6C85], LQI:175, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Brad's Light, 7442], LQI:198, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Third Reality Plug, 578C] via [Third Reality Plug, 578C]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Printer Light, 05AC] via [Printer Light, 05AC]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Desk Light, 27F5] via [Desk Light, 27F5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Outside Light, DA3F] via [Third Reality Plug, 578C]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Third Reality Temperature Sensor Lower, 224D] via [TV Light, 6C85]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Hall Lights, 1F54] via [Living Room Light, 37E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Couch Light, 100E] via [Living Room Light, 37E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Office Light, ECCC] via [Printer Light, 05AC]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Living Room Corner Light, F211] via [Living Room Light, 37E1]

Can he still do that if you plan to sell the original C7 after migration. I thought I read that the original is still on your account and you are basically riding it out.

I do have a couple LONG TIME ghosts which I have not had luck getting rid of. I'm hoping Bobby is right that just perhaps the C8 will allow me to delete the ghosts. They never seemed to cause any problems. Great link - thanks for that and for looking over my crib notes.

1 Like

Once the balance is migrated you can deregister it I believe

Does that mean that ghosts will be transferred as well? How hard is it to remove them from the C-8 if they transfer?

Is the procedure for removing Z-Wave ghosts with a USB Z-Wave dongle the same as that documented so clearly by @danabw for the C-7?

Yes. The entire radio database is copied except routes.

Anecdotally some have said after transfer they've been able to remove stubborn ghosts. If you can't, a stick will still be required.

It is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not believe it is going to be any different than the C7 from my experience and what I have seen others posting.

2 Likes

Unbelievable; Migration C7 to C8 worked with no goofy fixes!
Not like Vera and HA.....
Made a few mistakes since didn't know how to use the migration backup.
Zwave locks worked
Zigbee devices worked
Zigbee MHYCOZY with four relays worked
Konnected worked
30 Tiles with custom photos as icons worked (very large CSS program)
25 + Lutron devices worked.
Ecolink ISZW7-ECO with custom voices worked with Rules Machine
Great work Hubitat developers!

8 Likes

Sorry but none of this makes any sense. I just bought Hub Protect beginning of Feb 23. I have migrated that device to a new C8 device. I have cancelled the service. It will not run out until Feb 24. How do I get Hub Protect running on my migrated too device(C8) without having to
fork more money out?

See this post in this thread.

2 Likes

Did the C7 - C8 migration yesterday. All went well there than some oddness with a couple older model Zooz switches (ZEN23). I could hear the relay in them rapidly clicking any time they were turned on. I did a zwave repair on them which resolved the clicking. I had done a full zwave repair after the migration so it is possible they would not have developed the issue if I had not done that.

Yea but then how do you sell the old hub if its pending cancellation for potentially months regardless if its part of a C8 upgrade or just on its own.

Ultraloq U-Lock lock (Z-Wave) did not transfer and could not be added as a new device even after multiple resets. Had to use my backup C-7 (different than from the one I migrated from originally). Added lock without any problem. Two Enbrighten (14293) switches failed to transfer and locked up. Not able to reset even after power cycle. Done with the Enbrighten switches - moving all house switches to Zooz (ZEN71 and ZEN72) which have been performing great.

Do you mean you just had to re-add them through hub mesh? Or you had to actually remove and re-pair them to the C8? I have a hue outdoor motion sensor that doesn't seem to be playing well.

At this point I'd have to say this is a known issue and @bobbyd is aware. Here's one thing you can try... do a reset of the zigbee radio and when you re-pair the Hue motion sensor try ensuring you hold down the pairing button for at least 15 seconds.