C7 - 2.2.4.158 to 2.2.5.119 Update Failure

Has anyone successfully updated a C7 from 2.2.4.158 to 2.2.5.119? I just tried on my C7...it goes to Apply Update, then blue light and hangs. I can restore it back to 2.2.4.158 and it works fine. I've tried it twice.

I've updated my two C7s to it multiple times.

@bobbyD and @gopher.ny may want to know about this.

Try rebooting from diagnostics tool when it hangs and sits for a long time, see if 2.2.5 comes up.

Before you do that, download a current backup of your hub database just so you have it in case problems arise.

I just did my C5 the Initializing Hub page appeared to hang but I just refreshed the page and it updated % correctly

Yes, when I restarted with Diagnostics, it showed 2.2.5. How long is it supposed to take? Maybe I should have let it go longer? Or when it has the blue light does it mean it is done and something went wrong?

I've never timed mine, but it was steady progress majority of the time. I wouldn't wnat to speak for HE staff about the blue light means...but it does indicate that the update and reboot process got "stuck" at some point unexpectedly.

same goes for me. same issues but it does revert back yo old version

finished updating my C7 (no issues) another C5 (I had to reboot and re-update) and my C3 (no issues)

Mine (C7) took a while, with a couple of long pauses around 25% and 75%, 85 to 100% was quick though. Probably 15 minutes start to finish...

Oh I donโ€™t recall seeing a progress bar on Applying Update ... did you have one?

Progress went Downloading, Verifying, Extracting, Updating and then a progress bar started... (wording is from memory so may not be exact sequence)

I did two C5s and a C7 with no issues. It seemed to take about as long as previous updates.

Looks like third time is the charm, or the old fix of just trying to get help worked...I still didnโ€™t see a progress bar, but this time it just sat there for a minute then rebooted and restarted with 2.2.5.119.

2 Likes

Take the money and run. :smiley: Glad you're updated.

I have the Hubitat C7 hub and I'm trying to update to 2.2.5.119.
The light on the hub is solid blue and it's been that way for 30 minutes and counting.
I refreshed the ip address but I have a message "ip address is unavailable".
I never had a percent complete after the initial download of the update. Only a progress line that shifted left to right for 30 minutes until I refreshed my browser.
Did I do something wrong?

What version are you coming from? I would go into the IP:8081 to get to the diagnostic screen, then roll back to the prior version. Then try the update again. If that doesn't work, try it a third time.

I've got two C-7's. One updated like a champ, the other give me X.x.x.x refuesed to connect.

steps:
-update (says 'applying update' forever....)

• refresh browser (says refused connection)
  • drill down to port :8081 and shows the new version #.
  • reboot (ends up at refused connection again)
  • restore prior version from port 8081
  • starts up as per normal.
  • try update again (cause that was fun)
    same cycle repeats....
    I'm at 2.2.4.158 going to 2.2.5.119.
    Do I try again or....???

No, and here are some things to try:

• Go to http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/
  • Reboot the hub from there, see if it comes up.
  • If not, go to http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/ again, revert to previous version.
  • After it comes up, go to http://your.hubs.ip.address:8081/ yet again and "revert" to version 2.2.5.
  • It's possible that 2.2.5 is not showing as an option at this point. Use Download latest version to get it onto the hub. Doing so doesn't switch to the downloaded version, so once download is done, use revert option to switch.
  • If it still doesn't come up, revert to previous version and let us know. We'll have a fix shortly.
4 Likes

I'm trying to update my C7 hub from 2.2.4.158 to 2.2.5.119. I looked at my hub again and the blue light is still solid blue after an hour. I also still have no access to the ip address.

That worked for me.... 2nd c-7 up and running. I don't seem to have a great track record with updates in the Hubiverse.

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat. I've reverted to previous once, and I'm on the second retry which is again stuck at the "Applying Update" with the Knight Rider progress bar. I can get at the diagnostics though, so I can keep playing. I'm not panicking just yet. :wink: