C-8 Issues (I think its permissions, but have no clue to how to fix)

There are no logs cause the hub never even attempts to run any jobs.

Here is the job pending running from last night. It never tried to run. And here is a shot of the hub details so you can see time is set correctly.

Not sure if it helps guys, but lots of things are broken on this hub (C-8) that work fine on my old hub (C-7).

• Mode Manager never changes the mode - I change the mode from the C-7 through hub mesh.

• None of my time based jobs work

• Hubitat Package Manager, which works flawlessly on my C-7 wont work on the C-8. Its able to scan/match for apps, but then it never 'pulls them in' ... further if I click to install an app, it never installs, and also update never runs. it just hangs indefinitely. It really feels to me like HPM doesn't have necessary permissions to do anything on the hub. No clue to to change that.

These details might help. This isn't just a simple - 'why doesn't time based triggers happen?' I think its all connected. Which is why a full wipe / start over made the most sense to me, but I cant figure how to do a factory full wipe. I don't think resetting radios will do it here. This is like an OS reinstall.

Happened to me once recently on a C7 that the scheduler wasn’t running at all. If you go to the scheduled jobs tab of the logs page, do you see a bunch of jobs scheduled in the past?

IIRC I had to soft reset using the diagnostic tool then restore a previous (cloud) backup to get things going again.

2 Likes

I do. All the jobs show times in the past.

I think I tried a soft reset once before and it didn't work, but this is very helpful. Ill try it again when I have free time.

1 Like

Should be more to that page than what you posted, can you screenshot the rest of it?

rather than waste anymore time troubleshooting this any further. Does anyone know if you can migrate a C-8 database from one C-8 to another? and not have to re-pair every device?

If you’re paying for the Hubitat Hub Protect service, you can perform a Cloud Backup (which includes the Zigbee and Z-Wave radios). Then, you can restore that cloud backup to the new C8 hub. There are detailed instructions in the Hubitat Documentation.

2 Likes

Thanks. I'm gonna give this a try.

How do you do a full wipe reset? So I can wipe my current one?

Read the very bottom section of this page in the Hubitat Documentation.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/user-interface/advanced-features/soft-reset

1 Like

Ok, received a brand new C-8. Did a cloud restore from my old C-8 (first resetting the Zwave/Zigbee radios). The restore finished and it seems like my ZWave devices are working as expected on the new HE. Old HE is unplugged. Impressed that worked.

However,
Still NO schedules are working. I made a fresh rule to trigger in 10 minutes. 10 minutes went by and didn't trigger.

I guess I have to either start completely over or switch to another platform. No clue why HE is such trash. It must be something within my config/backup.

Tagging @gopher.ny and @bobbyD from Hubitat.

2 Likes

That's odd, never seen that happen following a migration/restore. I have seen schedules not working due to a database corruption, but that is very rare. Could you please run a Soft Reset when you have a chance? Also, please send me the MAC address so we can check the engineering logs after the hub is back online.

1 Like

sure, ill perform another soft reset. I tried that twice on the old C-8. Is there a way to get a live support going so it isnt in this public forum?

ill do another soft reset right now.

Yes, I sent you a private message. Also removed your hub's MAC address from the above post, as that is unique to your hub.

2 Likes

FYI ALL - BobbyD solved my problem. There was a hung job - invisible to the UI. All the soft resets, restores, etc. in the world wouldn't have fixed the problem. The job was hung for about a year. BobbyD tells me job status will be added in future releases. No other way to see it.

Once cleared out, everything started working again.

8 Likes

The end points to remove a bad schedule that otherwise may prevent the scheduler to start have been introduced in 2.3.4 release. However rare this may be, the hung schedule for the app or driver is not easily identifiable by the user, so our engineers will add a warning in the log (past logs) to indicate which app/driver may have a bad schedule so that the user can take the corrective action of removing it, without the need to reach out to us.

2 Likes

It seems to me that a more obvious warning should be given. How about using the Alert area to also alert someone? Could it be made a hub setting that could be exposed by this app by @thebearmay ?

1 Like

Often times they also set an alert that can be detected, we’ll have to wait and see what they come up with.

2 Likes