C-8 scheduler stopped triggering after migration

I have a C-8, running 2.3.7.144
Reserved IP, DHCP, connected to a 100MB hub

Yesterday, I migrated from my C-7 to my C-8
My timezone is set correctly and shows accurate time
I can see and trigger most or all of my devices
I don't have any zwave ghosts, I have done a zwave repair.
I'm not getting any excessive load errors
In my logs, in the past few hours, the only error/warn events were for a Ring device I wasn't using, so I removed that

PROBLEM: none of my scheduled rules are triggering.

I've created and saved a new time rule to toggle a switch, but when time hits, the rule isn't triggered.
I can manually "run actions" and the actions complete.

I did try a soft reset, but on a migration .. this probably shouldn't be necessary.
I've shutdown and powered off a few times to restart the hub.

I have multiple hubs and on a couple of occasions, I saw something similar to this only to find out that I was connected to the wrong hub… I assume you’re looking at the right hub?

I wish it were that simple. I've got one network and I unplugged the old c7 so that I could move the reserved IP to the new box. Thanks

1 Like

If you look at the scheduled jobs tab of the logs page, is everything looking ok, i.e. scheduled in the future ? Press “reload” to make sure you’re not looking at stale data.

strange, there are a few in the future, but most look like their next run is yesterday

And it wasn't like I used an "old" backup. I created a new backup on the c7 and restored it to the c8 within the hour

Have you double checked your location (Time Zone and actual coordinates) in the Settings tab > Hub Details? Are the Sunrise and Sunset times about right? The time of day looks correct?

2 Likes

When this happened to me (not from a migration, just a platform update) I ended up using the diagnostic tool to perform a soft reset and restore a backup from the welcome screen.

Might want to check with support though when they are back.

1 Like

Yeah, time and timezones are spot on

I did do a soft reset, but the only backups I have are from after the migration. Thanks

In a pinch you could try to shut down the C8, boot the C7 and take a local backup (you very likely don’t need the radio part of the backup at this point) and try the soft reset on the C8 with that ? Grasping at straws I suppose.

Saw this under Hub Events

doesn't say what job failed to recover

webcore is one of the apps to be aware of on migration, and while I don't use webcore, I did have an unused piston. "post upgrade review", I just now checked the webcore app, but was unable to load it and the hubitat became unresponsive trying to load the webcore app, so I did a network reset again and removed webcore and rebooted again. but scheduler still errors on reboot.

also removed zwave poller, which is no longer used since I moved off all my old zwave devices and rebooted again. but scheduler still errors on reboot.

then, looking at logs - scheduled events - each thing with a "next run" date in the past, I went through and updated and everything that didn't update (roku & lutron & dashboards) ..

then removed roku & lutron integrations & package manager & dashboard manager

and rebooted again .. but still seeing "Scheduler error: Failure occured during job recovery."

Did you contact @support_team ?

1 Like

just did

Definitely sounds like a good one for @bobbyD or @gopher.ny to take a look at. I seem to recall another user with a similar scheduler issue a few week back. I believe it did require HE Support to get involved to resolve it. :thinking:

Edit: Found the old post, with a similar issue...

2 Likes

It seems I have a similar issue but on a C7 -- did you get a resolution to this?

still a work in progress. we're talking.

I wanted to share here too -- this was fixed for me -- see None of the basic rules apps working - they use to, but not anymore - #16 by bahree

An unmatched device id was linked to broken scheduler entries.

After the device jobs were deleted, and I rebooted .. all my services came back online

All my scheduled jobs are now triggering and nothing is in the past.

I ended up sending a backup file to one if the support members and they were able to identify the broken process.

1 Like