Off-topic rant about security

I have a C7 and I'm having trouble getting a Fibaro Smart Implant to report states automatically, I can only get them using manual refresh.
Does it make a difference if I use S2, S0 or none while pairing in regards to the state updates?

I hired a Charger RT for my business trip to Santa Barbara last year and drove it down from LAX. That was my first time driving a LHD car and it was great fun. 4 way stops were the only item I found a bit daunting.

Charger's are GREAT cars. Similar to a 2016 ish Holden Monero in terms of size and horsepower/performance (I think that's what it was...sold here briefly as a GTO) but a little bigger and probably a bit heavier...

I just traded my 16 Charger (the red one in my profile pic) for a 20 Widebody.

Google Photos

The red one was arguably my mid-life crisis car, the blue one...well...another crisis?

LOL

Notably, the new one has no appreciable Zwave inclusion issues with the C7 hub.

S.

3 Likes

Nice!!!! :heart_eyes:

I bet it doesnt have any issues being included into your C7! :rofl:

1 Like

Me thinks we have wandered far off the C-7 Z-Wave Inclusions Issues path.

3 Likes

I Started a cars of Hubitat topic in the Lounge so we dont drag this one off topic too far: :sunglasses:

Tested the Fibaro Smart Implant some more and there was no way of getting the communication working properly between the C7 and the device.
I confirmed the issue is the hub by pairing it to my old SmartThings hub and everything is running fine.

@MrPancake can you describe exactly what you are doing? There are so many possible configurations and it would help to know what you are trying to get updates from so I can test.

2 Likes

I tested it with both the official driver and the community one and had the same problem.
I have it connected to my gate controller's output to check if the gate is open or closed. The contact is closed when gate is open, and open when gate is closed. Pretty simple. I'm using IN1 for this, and I'm not using any of the outs or other ins.
The device pairs ok with the hub, but it seems there is something wrong with the communication after that. The state of IN1 is updates only wben I refresh manually. The alarm mode doesn't work, neither does the periodical reports. I tried with alarm mode and analog input mode, it just seems that the implant never sends anything to the hub, apart from the refresh which shows the correct voltage at the input. Checking the logs nothing shows up at all, no errors nothing, just no messages.

I hope this will help you investigate.

Thank you very much

I have a persistently failed S2 node resulting from a failed inclusion. During inclusion, the hub assigned a node, but the device did not receive / accept the assignment. The device is a 700 series S2 capable receptacle.

The behavior of the failed node is different than what I have seen in the past, in that the hub is spontaneously reaching out to the node, and asking the node for a S2 Nonce. The radio appears to lock up for about a minute each time this happens. I've not seen this behavior previously. I've included a sniff snapshot with just the subject node below.

Although the node is shown as "FAILED" in the Z-Wave status page, and a Remove button is shown, I have not been able to remove the node. Warm reboots, cold reboots, no effect. I've always been able to remove failed nodes before, but this one simply will not go away.

Performing a Failed check using PC Controller says that the node is not failed.

@bcopeland, I would appreciate if you could take a look at this. I am open to any suggestions you might have to get rid of this short of doing a radio reset. Thanks.

So just to confirm, you've tried the process to remove devices using a USB Z-Wave stick and the PC Controller app, and it did not work?

Kill power to the switch by flipping the breaker or pulling the switch. Mark as failed with pc controller software. Then remove it. If the radio can still talk to the device it won't let you remove it in Hubitat.

1 Like

If it's a Honeywell/GE/JASCO switch he can use the airgap to kill it in place, IRRC.

It's using S2 so I'm guessing they are inovelli. Not familiar with their receptacles though, I doubt they have an air gap.

Remove Failed on PC Controller only works with a device that is marked as failed following an Is Failed check. PC Controller says the device is not failed.

Kill power to it, mark as failed, then remove it. Factory reset it also afterwards.

The radio cannot talk to it. The node does not exist. The physical device was successfully included with a later node number. As noted, the device did not receive / or accept the node assignment.

FWIW, the physical device is a Leviton ZW15R. 700 series S2.

It still sees it because of the later inclusion. You'll have to remove both inclusions.

How does it see it?

Dunno but it will remove once you kill em both. I've run into this issue a few times.