Cars of Hubitat

I thought it might be fun to have a "Cars of Hubitat" chat as there seem to be a bunch of Petrol-heads here. Here's my Pocket Rocket (it's a road-legal go-kart):

2019 Kia Rio GT-Line (1.0ltr, Turbo, 3-cylinder w/ 7 speed DCT):

I do however appreciate a nice V8, so here's me with the Charger RT I hired in 2019 to drive from LAX to Santa Barbara on my US business trip:

I might get a Mustang GT in a couple of years (wife wants a new kitchen first).

3 Likes

Before I moved and ended up selling it that was my baby.

3 Likes

Nice, the C6 has to be one of the best looking Vette's ever!

My son’s 2017 Challenger Hellcat and the 2018 widebody that replaced it:

6 Likes

And here's my 20 Widebody Charger Scat Pack.

Google Photos

My 16 Charger SRT. Now belonging to someone else....:frowning:

Google Photos

I need to get the white stripes on the blue one like @thebearmay's Sons blue Hellcat though. I love the contrast of the stripes on these cars.

I had 2 previous Charger RTs, both Redline Red like the 16. I guess I have a Charger problem :slight_smile:

Nothing like a daily driver with all the mod cons AND 485 horsepower! Lol

S.

2 Likes

Not wrong, I've only got a mere 120hp atm (going to chip it soon to 150hp). That said my car only weighs 1,100kg's (2,400 pounds).

It's a nice problem to have! :sunglasses:

How to automate these cars using Hubitat?

3 Likes

My problem with those is that I end up cruising at 120+ if I don't use the cruise control...

2 Likes

I guess it depends what the cops are like in your state - here in Victoria (Straya), they will book you for 5km's over the limit. :rage:

Yeah, those little hot hatches are crazy light for the power they put down. My car is a heck of a lot closer to 2000 Kgs than 1000! Lol

Surprisingly, Dodge has done a real bang up job of making the 4K lbs feel a lot less. The charger is pretty nimble, and accelerates pretty amazingly for such a beefy monster.

It'll never handle like yours though! Lol

S

1 Like

Oh that's way over their tolerance :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I hear that. Its funny really, when i was driving the Red Chargers, the number of times cops rolled up beside me in their Pursuit Chargers and gave me a thumbs up was astonishing.

I even had a Sherriff recently tell me I should show him what it could do....I politely declined :slight_smile:
Here in VA 80 in most places is an Automatic Reckless, even in 70 zones. I have to "test" the car out of state! Lol

S

2 Likes

lol, I must admit that I had great fun doing 95mph on the SoCal freeways. Those speeds = Jail here in Victoria. The Northern Territory is speed freaks paradise tho, they have no speed limit at all for 366 km's of country road in the middle of the outback.

Texas has a few places where the speed limit is 85 I think, and for quite some time, Montana had some stretches of highway where you could use your judgment as to a Safe speed. I dont know if thats still the case though.

To be honest though, I'm not so worried about the speed. I just like stomping on the go pedal at a light or stop sign and making a whomping great noise come out the tailpipes!

S

3 Likes

We sure do. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:smiley: yeah it really is a go-kart as it's even smaller than a VW Golf or Hyundai i30. I have this cambered 90 degree corner not far from my place with perfect visibility - it's in a 60km zone and it's just so much fun to chuck the car in with my foot flat to the floor! :smiley:

I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the Charger RT handled, it was very well sorted and I'd happily daily drive one. Unfortunately Dodge dont make them RHD. :cry:

1 Like

Think its a styling issue? I know translating Aus cars to the US has never gone well, and with few exceptions, I'd say the reverse is probably true too.

You guys make your own V8 monsters, so it seems like the big V8s would translate....

S

Focus RS here

She’ll get to stretch her legs on the 24 hour course at Daytona Int’l Speedway next weekend

5 Likes

Here's an event I always wanted to do but never did.

https://www.sscc.us/

One day id love to throw one of these around some twisty road. Bet it would be fun as all get out!

S

1 Like