Cars of Hubitat

Gotta love an event where your car has to average 95 mph.

2 Likes

No, it's a "we drive on the wrong side of the road" and LHD to RHD is expensive to engineer. We can buy them here but because they arent RHD from the factory they are crazy expensive!

We used to have big affordable V8 powered sedans like the Ford Falcon and GM Commodore but the current bunch of F'K Wit's running our country killed off car manufacturing here a couple of years ago. :rage:

1 Like

Ah. That explains it. Even here, until recently the SRTs and Hellcat SRTs were relatively low volume, and only existed because of the higher volume V6 and smaller 5.7 V8s.

So if Dodge can't justify enough to do the conversion...yeah. Sorry man!

S

1 Like

The last V8 sedan left on sale in Aus is the Chrysler 300c SRT.

RHD? If so, probably because they sell a bunch of the other 300 models as luxury sedans?

S

My 2008 BMW M5 V10, 6-speed manual. Over 200 MPH & 4.6 sec 0-60 :wink:

7 Likes

Yes, I think they make it in RHD in the US factory for the UK and Aus market. The volumes for Aus alone wouldnt justify the tooling costs.

Unfortunately I may have an addiction to cars... I'll just post a couple pics of my more favorite ones.

Stinger

Genesis

VW Golf R

Was trying to find a pic of my Chevy SS, but Google Photos search is failing me.

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

How does the Stinger drive?

OMG an M5 V10. Bet that sounds awesome!

S

Pretty good for the price.

Needs wider stock tires in the back for the RWD model. AWD model is OK as-is for the most part.

1 Like

Nice, the Stinger GT RWD twin-Turbo V6 has become very popular here in Aus since the demise of our locally made V8's.

Thanks. I have been eyeing the Stinger for a while. It looks quite good

1 Like

Yeah, my Chevy SS is a rebadged Holden Commodore. Was sorry to see Holden die off. Stupid GM.

4 Likes

I've been super impressed with Kia's current design, build quality, features and Customer service - they've come such a long way from the crap boxes they were making 10 years ago!

1 Like

The sound is amazing. It's a very high-revving engine, redline at 8,250+ RMP. Exhaust is stock, but I have a button that opens both diverters.

3 Likes

One of the guys I work with has one in manual, deep green color, and he bought a Holden badge kit. Looks great and sounds mean!

S.

1 Like

I'm selling my Golf R though. Have destroyed 3 rims on it (needs larger sidewalls for how I drive), never any parts in stock in the US (always have to ship everything from Wolfsburg), etc.

Love driving it though. Modded to a little over 350HP (not a lot, but is is super light), AWD, retuned the dual clutch tranny. Super fun.

1 Like

Our federal gov basically told them to leave after removing the Automotive R&D fund which was a paltry billion dollars per year for the entire industry! It cost over 200,000 jobs and Toyota, GM and Ford all shut their factories as a result.