Cars of Hubitat

I'm thinking of doing a mid-muffler delete on mine...electric cutouts seem fun too, but i don't take it to the track so they seem a bit expensive to play with...lol. still want them though...

Lol, the funny part is we put Chevy or Pontiac (Monaro) badges on ours to stand out. :rofl:

2 Likes

Same here, I want to hear the rorty little 3 banger a bit more. I've also got some Eibach springs coming for it.

1 Like

I don't track the car and the cut-outs were put in by the previous owner. There isn't much power to gain since the stock exhaust is pretty efficient. I'm selling the M5, need something a bit more "sane", now that I'm pushing 60.

3 Likes

Oh, so now you need a C7 right?

Lol.

I hear you, I should have kept the 16 and got something full electric in a couple years...I'm in my 50s, so...yeah. i just can't give up the Charger. I keep thinking...this will be my last Gas car...and then I buy another one! Lol

S

Correct. They did back in the '80s and maybe early '90s for sure (for daytime driving). I think the Feds cut it off by threatening to withhold highway maintenance funds. Curiously, statistics indicate that Montana's roads were much safer when they had no daytime speed limits.

2 Likes

Did somebody say cars? Here's pictures of a few that are in my collection..... :grin:

20170709140350-eaae4247-sm

20170709140821-76488709

20190609203456-9d581691-sm

20170709140820-52870014-sm

2 Likes

Mine aren't all cars, my 1980 CX500 that I spent a few years modifying :slight_smile:

Before

After

And my daily driver

5 Likes

Just kidding one was my grandparents car we finally got rid of in mi last year.

These are the two I still have.

4 Likes

Nice, I'd love a Model 3 but they are really pricy here in Aus as there are no BEV rebates to ease the sting.

Ya I got it two yrs ago next month .. first time the awd was avail in NH. Still got full debate

1 Like

Gorgeous! By dream car is a 2003 e39 M5 even though its 17 years old. I just had to sell my 2003 BMW e46 coupe 6 months ago for a Toyata Camry :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: because 2 kids in car seats in the back of a 2-door is no bueno. 200k miles.

2 Likes

The E39 M5s are hard to find unmolested and command a good chunk of change and E46 M3s are unicorns if with 6MT. Still a nice looking E46. My wife drives a 2011 328 coupe. My E60 M5 has 59.9K miles on her. Kids are grown. I need something "soft" to drive. M5 is a garage queen. I put 5k miles on her in 3 years. Time to let her go. Only 1000 ever made in 6-speed between 2006 - 2010

1 Like

86 gen 1 mr2 with jdm silver top...

05 elise sport with blower and geartronics controlled sequential gear box

Until a week ago I owned this as well... 2016 2SS manual

9 Likes

My daily driver has been a 49cc scooter. I think it’s hilarious. My goal was to never drive my car (‘15 accord) to work this summer. I’m still going strong with that, despite the freezing mornings out here in North Dakota.

Unfortunately, someone cut me off a month or so ago, and she got a little beat up (The scooter’s prior owner didn’t take great care of it, so the shell was pretty brittle, plus it was a pretty hard spill—wear a helmet!). Over the winter, I’ll be converting it to an open-frame, Ruckus-style body. At that point I will re-brand it from Doge to Chungus.

@Gnant ... I wonder if the world is ready to see your truck? :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I was waiting for the Lotus pics. :wink:

1 Like

Here is one I don't own but my son got to drive it during the ne rally about 6 yrs ago

1 Like

Here's my jap import Daihatsu Charade Detomaso.

2 Likes

Nice, what's under the hood?

just a little 1.6L with factory cam and extractors. Same motor from the daihatsu applause but with a few upgrades, pretty much made for rallying.

1 Like