Cars of Hubitat

Here's my daily drive for the last 7 years. I keep looking at replacements, but when you have experienced perfection............

Convertibles rule. Most fun. No question. :wink:

Here's my money drain. Range Rover 4.6 HSE 1998, Affectionately called "The Monster"
More pics from the build can be found here. Next up: 4" lift to fit the 33" mud-terrain tyres.

Nice! I have heard Land Rovers almost make women look like value for money? :wink:

My baby.
1971 Group2 BMW 2002.
Beautiful to drive.
Snett 09 3
Well it was. Sold her 8 years ago. :disappointed_relieved:

How about these.
Taken while I was spannering at the Nurburgring 24hr.
240 cars on the grid. 100,000 mad drunk Germans.
You have to see it to believe it.

It's not that bad really. Any car requires proper maintenance.

I figure I get more value for my money with the car: when she's pumping on all 4 it's soo worth it, and never argues :wink:

Quite true. Although I do recall my brother in-laws Rangie spending more time on his front lawn in bits than on the road.

Previous car in the UK

The rubbish I now drive in Asia :rofl: (imports way too expensive)

Count me in.
I’ve had 5 corvettes the last was a 2003 Z06 ( the only one purchased new ) but since 2004 I’ve been on the Hummer Train with an 03, 05, and my current 500+ hp 08. Dirt rockets were always my real thing so my fun is a 90HP Husky 701 which weights 290Lbs. Daily I drive a 19 Kia Sportage 2.0 turbo. Waiting on the 1000 HP electric Hummer and I’ll get one of those.

Maserati are really popular in my area. I see lots of them daily. Pretty cars!

Yeah pretty. But also pretty rubbish. I had no end of trouble with this one. Super nice inside. Beautiful packaging. Everyone appreciated it. Endless positive comments when filling up and driving around (similar to driving an Aston Martin and very different from driving a 911). Fabulous soundtrack and rapid in a straight line. But hideous on the bends and frankly nailed together by Italians who just wanted to get back to their vino. The more recent models were much improved.

That Hummer! <3

That sums it up nicely. :+1:

Back in the late 80's I bought a Buick Regal that had the same engine as the Buick Grand National. It was white instead of black like the GN and a true sleeper. If you didn't notice the raised hood you'd have no clue. They were a blast to drive. The turbo charger would not kick in until sufficient vacuum closed the waste gates so when you floored it you got a couple seconds of 6 cylinder so-so acceleration and then it would smash you back in your seat.

The photo is not of mine but it looked just like that one.

Did 0-60 in a tad over 6 seconds which for it's size and for the year wasn't bad.

My 73 Corvette has been sitting in the garage since 1993. I put it away when my oldest son got his drivers license and I haven't driven it since.

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.31.46 AM

I am surprised by the relative lack of Italian cars represented here...

I had a bit of an Italian dark horse back in my much younger days, a 1971 Alfa Romeo Berlina sport sedan. At the time I wanted a four-door w/decent room that was still fun to drive, and the Alfa was all of that. Basically the same engine, running gear/suspension, etc. as the Duetto and GTV but clad a stealth "Don't worry about me, I'm just a sedan" body. My buddy had a cheap boat-tail Duetto he had picked up (complete w/rust holes in the floor board and bondo-mania on the body) and we would race about like idiots. Thank god we didn't kill ourselves or somebody else. [eek!]

1750cc, dual overhead cams (!), Spica mechanical fule injection (!), five-speed syncromesh (!), and just super fun to drive. If pressed I might admit that it required pretty frequent (weekly!?) adjustment of the points to start reliably, and maybe the u-joints were a bit of a weak-link that one might need to replace, but those were minor prices to pay for the fun and relative rarity of it. If I saw one or two Berlinas every six months I was surprised. I always got a lot of "What is that...oh, cool." comments which my young-self ate up. :wink:

Sadly, I realized years ago that I did not keep one single picture of the ones I owned, so bummed about that, but below are what my first and second one looked like...loved the deep burgundy color of the first one the best.

But I wrapped it around a freeway underpass support column racing in the rain (yeah, I was very 20-ish) which ended that. So I swapped the engine and all the good bits into a body I picked up w/a more traditional Italian racing color:

image

They have a really cool (to me) interior w/real wood on the dash and center column that made me feel like I was driving a luxury sports sedan. The top black rubber part of the dashboard often cracked from sun exposure, but mine was perfect...at least until the crash. :frowning:

So much fun. You only get to be young once...

Alfa Romeo 33 16v. 1.8litre boxer engine with Ferrari Dino (copy) camhafts.
Seriously quick.
Came on cam at 5,800 and rev limiter set to 9,000.
Beautiful sounding engine.
Very high maintenance but great to drive.


Alfa 33

I'm jealous. I like the 73.

Although not jealous that it is sitting there not being driven. :wink: