[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Thanks, I have many ways to control and monitor the garage door already. I mostly was getting this to work so I can have a virtual switch in Homekit that tells me if its open or closed (on or off) and will let me open and close it too. Faster to swipe down control center for the home app than it is to open myq, etc, etc. But I want the status to work so I can have the switch stay on if open and off if closed.

I think was @hydro311 was referring to is that there are simple, cloud independent, methods to control garage doors and monitor their status - all using Hubitat alone.

2 Likes

I am aware of those methods too, I’m just trying to use what I have for now though before i throw money at it for more sensors or relays.

The Zooz garage door opener app and a cheap mhcozy relay and tilt sensor (I was already using the ST multisensor with MyQ lite) are just SO much simpler, so much more reliable, and so much easier to setup to ask Alexa to open or close the door... It's worth the price of admission to not have to use a janky unreliable app.

Zooz App?

He means the one written by @krlaframboise for Zooz. Available here:

2 Likes

Redding, CA (second sunniest city in USA) gets up to 117 in summer (unofficially I saw 124 many years ago).

I found double sided Gorilla brand tape holds up well to the heat. My garage doors face west - so as hot as it gets. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Anyone else have a non responsive garage door with 403 errors in the log using HE but it works with the MyQ app? Unpluggling then repowering my MYQ 828LM device seems to fix it.
Update: repowering the 828LM does not fix it!

See this thread

403 error is also happening on other platforms

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/16dk6pd/anyone_else_having_trouble_with_the_myq/?rdt=63941

Yes.

They changed the authentication.. it no longer works. Moved to local.

1 Like

May I ask what you are using?

Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers - :bellhop_bell: Get Help - Hubitat

2 Likes

Ah great… So awesome when they do that…

Yeah, i gave up on the MyQ last week when I couldn't even get the MyQ app to talk to it, and the GDO wouldnt rejoin the Wifi when I reset. I'm using a garadget, a Zooz multi-relay and the Zooz GDO application. So far its been great!

S

1 Like

Can you clarify?

Presumably you’re using the Zooz relay to control the door via a pre-wired Security+ 2.0 button sold by Garadget?

And not a Garadget opener itself?

I'm using a smart implant.

1 Like

Exactly -- the garadget sold prewired Security+ 2.0 button, thus:

As recommended in this thread: Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers

Thanks Ashok. :slight_smile:

S.

1 Like

I had spoken the company they will even set you up with a wire for turning the light on and off. You may need to ask them.

The light on mine is motion sensor connected. I also have 2 led bar lights on a Zooz switch which i could trigger on door activation or motion if necessary....

S