[BETA] ratgdo driver (w/ MQTT firmware)

Not sure what you mean by the same results since your problem is that MQTT commands are not triggering the door to open. How can you tell with the second one since it’s not wired?

To be clear, you have to do this on a wired ratgdo and confirm your door opens:

publish in MQTT Explorer

topic: ratgdo/ratgdo-8229/command/door the message open (RAW)

Replace ratgdo-8229`` with your device name (Device Name & Web Config Username``` in the ratgdo web UI)

Verify that the MQTT Topic Prefix is set to ratgdo/

Then send the command open. Does the door open?

I connected the second device and i stlll get the same results. i doubt its a bad board.

Does your garage opener have a yellow button?

1 Like

Looks red from his photo.

This is the statement I keep coming back to. Was there anything you changed after it worked the one time?

What are you running your MQTT server on?
What does your ratgdo server page look like?

There is no screenshot of the full server page but isn’t red , security 1.0? I wonder if that’s set correctly.

Here it is. It is red, which means Security 1.

To me, it looks like it may be missing a 2nd pair of obstruction sensor wires.

nothing changed. for example this morning for the heck of it i just pushed the HE open button and it opened. it did not close and none of the other buttons worked. i closed it with the garage door closer and it would not open again from HE.

i know the board is getting the command because the blue light blinks instantly everytime i press any HE buttons.

there are only 4 wires coming out of the wall. 2 (red,white) for the wall button and 2(red,white) for the obstruction sensor. what other sensors are you referring to?

should i be using the dry contact connecctions instead of the ones on the right side?

Most obstruction sensors are attached to the opener in pairs. I guess they are likely wired together somewhere in your system. I've got a security 2 opener, so I can't really say much about a 1 opener.

What are you using for your MQTT server?

Not unless you need that to tell you the door status.

Thats what i thought it was for. How would i get in touch with the maker of the board? There is no contact info on his website.

mosquitto

Problem solved

my door opener has a red button. the red button garage door has to use the Security +1

When i enable HomeKit i see the door in HK. I was wondering if the lights and locks can also be published to HK?

Ah great, so this pointed you to the right direction

If you look at the settings of the device in HK, you'll see you can split it in two controls (if I recall correctly). One is lock and the other one door control. The integration doesn't see it as a light even though it declares that capability.

It's been discussed early on and if HE doesn't improve that implementation, it might be necessary to use child device and split the ratgo as three devices, light, door control, lock (and maybe obstruction sensor).

TBH, I only use it for the door open and close through Homekit (using Carplay) and I haven't had a use for the lock or light. But I'll be happy to look into child devices in the future.

I remember the function you're referring to. I think they removed that when they put the lights in the room and the sensors at the top of the room. I see the open/close button and i see the door sensor for open/closed but no lock or light. also i don't know if i would use the lock/light functions but if there were there i might.