[BETA] A Z-Wave Mesh Tool [C7 and 2.2.4+ Only]

@tony.fleisher Hey Tony, first thank you for this app...

I'm seeing a weird warning in my logs... the error is listed 6 times, once for each of these devices and hits the log when I click the mesh details button...

***has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)

*** equals the name of each of the 6 devices... As a side note, they are recently added devices that appear to be functioning fine.

Here is the log:
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.917 infoDatatables Loaded
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.227 warnDimmer West Patio Party Lights has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.223 warnDimmer Stairs Landing Light has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.220 warnSwitch Jakes Room Fan has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.218 warnSwitch Guest Room Fan has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.215 warnSwitch Office Fan has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.194 warnEnerwave Front Walkway East has no zwNodeInfo. (Not a z-wave device?)
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.166 debugNo neighbors: Adding to nonRepeaters: 148
app:23942022-02-04 18:59:18.160 debugNo neighbors: Adding to nonRepeaters: 145

Interesting. Thanks for the report. I haven't seen this yet. A few questions:

1. What Hub firmware are you running?
  2. What is the brand/model of these devices?
  3. What device driver are they using? (The "Type" on device details page)
  4. Can you provide a screenshot of the device details page Data section for one of these devices?

Thanks.
Tony.

Absolutely...

1. Hub is on 2.3.0.124
  2. There are 6 devices that are in the errors... 2 GE/Enbrighten Dimmers, 3 GE/Enbrighten Fan Controllers and 1 Enerwave RSM2-Plus. I have a few other Enerwave RSM1 and RSM2's in my mesh. Only this one is showing up but I recently excluded it and re-added it to try to fix connection issues. I also have several older GE Plus Dimmers, but just added these two. These are the newer Enbrighten versions but I am using the same driver as the others. Finally, I just added the three Enbrighten Fan Controllers. The common thread with these is I have recently added all of them to the hub, with the caveat the Enerwave was removed and added back...
  3. I'm using Jason Joel's custom drivers for the dimmers and for the fan controllers. The RSM2 is using the built in Generic Z-Wave Plus Multi-Switch driver.
  4. I'm attaching a screen shot of the devices details on one of the dimmers. Let me know if you want to see the others...

Is this on a C-5 or C-7? I think the app only works on the latter.

Thanks for the feedback.

The repeater filter will show the devices that are acting as repeaters for the devices in the table. In this case, it appears that you have filtered down to a single device that is connected directly to the hub without any repeaters, so there is no repeater to show for this device. If the Aeotec is a repeater for other devices, you should see it in the repeaters list before you apply filters (or if you clear all the applied filters).

3 Likes

Its a C7... The app seems to work fine... I'm just reporting the error in my logs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The warning is issued when:

1. You have authorized the device for extended device data in the App; and
  2. The device does not have a zwNodeInfo data element.

I am not sure why this is not being populated, so perhaps @bcopeland can provide some details. (My understanding is that the C-7 hub should set this data when a device is added.)

The message is harmless, in itself, but does indicate that we are unable to determine any of the info that is based on the zwNodeInfo Data (you may see "NO DATA" in some fields as a result).

@SuperDupe Was there anything unusual about the process that was used for adding these devices to the z-wave network?

Nope, nothing unusual and whats funny is I do have the "NO DATA" in some fields... I was wondering why that wasn't populating.

Is the data missing from the hub or is the app just not able to get it? I tired to re-authorize the z-wave devices in the app, but that didn't fix it... Should I remove the app and re-add it back?

If there is no "zwNodeInfo" in the device data section, there is nothing the App can do (this is the only place the hub exposes certain z-wave device details), so reinstalling the App won't help here.

Here is an example of a device that has this info:

wow, i just noticed that info missing... I hadn't noticed it before but can confirm it is missing from those 6 devices... That is really weird. Maybe they didn't include properly? I know this is off topic, but could that cause other issues with the hub/mesh?

I've had some mesh issues lately which is why i removed and re-added that Enerwave device... But I've also done that for a couple of outlets and they added back fine with the node info...

Aside from the Enerwave switch, the dimmers and fan controllers were all brand new adds...

As a follow-up to everyone, i was able to fix the issue with the missing node info... Repeated removals and re-inclusions didn't work.

I shut down and unplugged my hub like is recommended in so many other cases. Waited a few minutes and plugged it back in. Upon boot-up and log-in, I checked and all 6 of those devices are now showing node info.

Must have been a hub/database issue... Very weird but all the info is there and I no longer get errors in my logs.

3 Likes

Ahhh.. the magical power cycle.

Invented by Microsoft in 1990 I hear. :smiley:

4 Likes

One more quick follow-up. I added some new devices to my mesh today. Swapped a couple of outlets and added a Zooz ZEN34.

For all three, the node info did not show up upon paring. I had to once a again reboot the hub for it to show... Not sure if this is specific to me and my hub, or if there is a bug somewhere.

Tagging some of the Hubitat folks. @bcopeland @gopher.ny @bobbyD @bravenel

I believe it goes back to the beginning of programmable devices :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tony.fleisher Tony ... not much of a Hubitat extreme tech guy (but I'm trying), certainly not a coder - but just wanted to offer a very, very sincere thank you for your intense work!
I love this.
Thanks
Bill

5 Likes

Thanks, @Bill123. I appreciate it.
I am glad people find it useful.

4 Likes

Can someone explain to a newbie how to install this tool on C7?

First install the community app "Hubitat Package Manager".. Do this by going to the "Apps Code" in the HE Nav section (left column) and clicking on "New App" button in the upper right corner. Open a new tab on your browser and go here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

Copy and paste into the New App window.. (use the import method in next msg) and click "Save".

Next go to "Apps" on the HE nav section and click "Add User App".. Install "Hubitat Package Manager".

When done go back into HPM, click on "Install" and enter "search by Keywords" and type in "mesh details" and click "next". Should pop up in the list.. go ahead and install.

Note: you could install the ZMD from github directly but going thru HPM is a lot more useful as it provides ability for easy updates and has additional community apps/drivers.

1 Like

Okay a slightly more streamlined approach than cutting/pasting is when you go into "New App" - click on the "Import" button and add the raw guthub link I posted above... Apologies for the confusion - still used to doing it the "old way"...

1 Like

Still having some problems. I installed HPM fine, but it doesn't give me the opportunity to search for anything. The first screen is this:

Then the next screen that pops up is this:

No search screen was shown.