Aurora Smart Lighting Products

@mike.maxwell

Mike, updated and tested this morning.
The 4 button controllers work perfectly now
Thank you

Andy

1 Like

I would hold off as Mike has found and fixed something, just connect it to Smartthings and go into the IDE and device page to do a firmware update. Then once that is completed rejoin it and wait for mike's update.

Any tips on how you can update the FW, haven’t seen mine even check. :+1:

From memory (have not used ST for ages) you have to A ensure the option is turned ON to accept all firmware updates in the options. Then log into you IDE page and go to the device near the bottom there was a firmware check option.

1 Like

Cool thx. I may have missed that, it’s turned on, but didn’t check on the device itself. In HE we get a parent and two child devices for this plug. In ST plug 1 is the parent, the other, the child. I think I was looking for something that wasn’t there. :wink:

I need to check my lamps to see if the update is there so I'll join them to confirm.

1 Like

Thanks, but I reckoned that the unit they sent me was faulty anyway, so it needed to be returned. Also the key feature of the double socket was the energy monitoring capability and if this is as flakey as experienced, reinforced by @mike.maxwell experience, it is not going to be suitable for my needs.

Mind you, the problems I was experiencing could have been down to the fact it was not updating the firmware! I'll wait and see if these issues can be fixed.

Were you able to discuss these issues with your contact?

I revisited both the single socket and the dual socket, i was able to get power reporting to work correctly.
It is a little slower than most other devices that have power reporting (2 to 3 seconds to report a power change), so it will be available when the next build 2.2.2 comes out.
I'm more used to these reports being issued immediately, so in my rush to get this driver out I mistook late for never/inconsistent.
There's really nothing wrong with the power reporting being delayed a little, it's likely a good thing actually as the reading has more of a chance to stabilize before being sent.

The dual socket reports power for each outlet separately in each child along with the sum of both updated in the parent.

4 Likes

Fantastic @mike.maxwell thank you very much.

Have you seen anything of the "locking" of the socket? Apparently, this can be done, yet I cant find any documentation on this as yet.

• The left and right side of the socket can be individually controlled and
locked remotely using your smart home system

Nope no idea how to do that...

Thanks @mike.maxwell, I'll get intouch with my supplier and get them to send me another unit instead of giving me a refund.

The energy reporting update of 3 secs will be fine for my needs. Thank you so much for revisiting this.

Do you now if these sockets can act as a repeater and do they play well with Xiaomi devices? I'm just putting this question out there and not to you specifically Mike.

This is what I’m hoping. I should know in a couple of days.

Just thought i'd provide an update.

I have received a replacement for the faulty unit and firstly paired with Samsung Smartthings to get the firmware update. It is showing me that the firmware version is 000014, which I presume is the latest. Can anyone confirm that this is the latest?

I have then paired it with Hubitat, although I am not getting any power indication. I understand that this feature will be applied to the next build so will just have to wait.

Have you recognised yet if these double sockets act as repeaters and play well with Xiaomi devices?

Just another thing I have noticed is that the turning on and off of the switches can be a bit hit and miss from the device window. Ocassionally when you turn on a switch it will do nothing and takes a further press for it to act. This ussually happens if you have previously operated the switch and then maybe a second later you press it again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have :wink: These two devices are a contact and a button.

Both routing through a socket. I did pair them close up to the socket during the pairing process, in hope that they chose the socket, and they did :slight_smile: I haven't yet tested just how many devices I can route through it though.

I have had another two sockets delivered today.

Looks promising.

Where did you get this routing information from by the way?

1 Like

The main part is installing an Xbee here

The part where I created the Excel template is here.

Sorry, both are very lengthy reads :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW, you may be able to get information without all this by using your HUB_IP in the link below.

http://HUB_IP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Its just that the Xbees can read a lot more.

I'll have a readup on this, thanks.

That sounds like a communication issue with messages not getting from the device to the hub or vise Versa.
What repeaters are in between the two devices ?
Did you “pair in place” or near the HE hub and relocate ? If the former, it may take a day or so to settle down into a good communications route.
Note the route they choose may not be line of sight or anything you might think they’d use.