[Android Mobile App Beta 2.0.2] What’s new in build 245

See this post for the initial release: [BETA RELEASE] New Hubitat Mobile App available in Google Play for Android (version 2.0)

What's new

Fixed:

• Crash on Loading app
  • Improvements on re authentication
  • SmartStart showing for C5 hubs
  • Scroll on hub details items.

Added:

• Account name to show a custom name instead of email on home
  • Warning dialog on purchase remote admin
  • Find Hubs option to Hub Details screen
  • Hide/show unsupported devices

Removed:

• Connect to hub on home page
3 Likes

still not working correctly on load it shows one hub with wrong devices..

so i tried switch to another hub.. says it switched fine.. still wrong devices for that hub.

Also this error

And still hanging when i try to connect to hancock hub

Please make the hub Mac address copyable so it can be pasted into the Hub Diagnostic Tool login. Also staff occasionally needs the hub ID. That should be copyable as well.

Connect to Hub is missing from this version for me. I am using a Samsung S22 on Android 14 latest ota updates.

And when I try to select Modes the page is now blank. It used to work in the last version for me.

connect to hub was moved.. click on the hub name with the arrow on rt.

Thanks ... but that just takes me to a page showing hub details etc. It doesn't give me access to get in and see apps/devices etc.

The page won't scroll for me so maybe theres an option lower that I cannot get to.

It hasn't been moved. The Connect to Hub on the Home page was a duplicate, though the logic behind it was different than the Connect to Hub on Hub Settings, so instead of maintaining the same functionality in two places, the one on the home page was removed. We have thought about the users' impact on this removal and that it may take some folks an extra click to get to the button. However, if the primary purpose of using the mobile app is to access the hub's interface, a much faster method would be to just save a browser shortcut to the web interface. After all, the Connect to Hub in the mobile app is just that, a link to an embedded browser that opens the web interface.

3 Likes

That page should look like this:

If the mobile device is not able to see the hub on the local network, the items shown are these (Connect to hub is replaced by Remote Admin - if the user is a subscriber, then selecting Remote Admin will connect to your hub using the service, if the user is not a Remote Admin subscriber, it would take you to learn more about the benefits of signing up for the add-on service):

THe page looks like this and I cannot scroll down

1 Like

Got it, thanks for your feedback. You can expect a fix in the next update.

1 Like

I've been playing around with the new app now that dashboard scrolling works properly.

However, I have found another annoying bug: I cannot access LOCAL versions of Hubitat Dashboards with the app. It seems only the remote version is being viewed, even when on the local LAN.

This is particularly annoying to me because my automation debugging dashboard uses TONS of Hubitat Variable tiles, and Hubitat Variable Tiles DO NOT UPDATE their contents on the remote dashboard.

It would be cool if the new app could view LOCAL dashboards.

It would be even BETTER if Hubitat fixed this extremely longstanding problem of Hub Variable tiles not updating on remote dashboards. (I have posted about the problem MULTIPLE times, here's the last instance I could find from last year: Tiles showing current hub variable values do not update on cloud dashboard - :memo: Dashboards / Hubitat Dashboard - Hubitat)

1 Like

Please make sure that your mobile device can see the hub on the network it is connected to. If the mobile device is connected to the same network (segment) as the hub, the Mobile App will display local dashboards.

My Hubitat hub and my Wifi devices like my phone have always been on different VLANs and always have communicated perfectly fine in the past. The old app still shows the local dashboards with no issues while the new app does not. I hope you're able to figure out why this is happening and have it fixed.

edit
@bobbyD
Nevermind. I guess it just took awhile for the app to "figure it out" somehow. It now does offer me the local dashboards as well. I also remember similar behavior with the old app way back when I first set up the current network configuration a couple years ago. I'm not sure what's happening on the back end that explains the behavior, but doesn't matter now it works as it should.