ZWave repair/ failures on devices when repair all, but succeed if done 1 at a time

Yeah this needs updated. You can do it on mac if you run paralells and a demo version of windows...

Pretty normal nowadays... I have a docking station myself. My laptop only has 2 USB-c ports...

Yes the login thing is addressed in the doc. That said, likely a browser plugin was blocking scripting.

If you're using a MAC, instead of digging out that old windows machine, simply install parallells and a demo version of windows 10/11. That will work fine.

Thanks to everyone for better ways to do what I did!

I was able to to remove the 3 ghosts, so for now the original issue is resolved.

New to Hubitat and so far the people on this forum have been awesome!

2 Likes

Post your z-wave table now with the ghosts removed and lest see how it looks

I don’t know if anyone can help with this problem but I am running Windows 11 through Parallels desktop on a Mac and I cannot get Simplicity Studio (Windows .iso file) to install.

The error just says unable to mount.
I’m logged into Silabs.

Did you try the Simplicity Studio v5 installer for Mac? I do not have a Mac, so I cannot tell you if the link on the Silabs site works.

If the Mac version won't work, see if one of your friends has a laptop running Windows 10 or 11 that they will bring over and allow you to install the Silabs software and use it long enough to remove the ghosts. Then you can uninstall the software.

1 Like

The pc controller does not install on a mac. The instructions need updated. You can however either bootcamp or parallels windows on a mac and it will work.

1 Like

Sounds like the iso is corrupt. Have you tried redownloading it?

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I finally figured out how to mount an .iso file. Alternatively, Simplicity Studio 4 is a .exe file that I think can be used since it has PC Controller 5 in it.

Anyway, now I’m ready to bust ghosts when my Z stick arrives.

It’s been a fun process migrating from ST to HE. I’ve learned more in a couple of weeks from the HE community than I I did in 5 years with ST.

I usually recommend people read this when they are new to Hubitat. It helps avoid some of the gotchas.

Thanks, if only PC Controller worked on a Mac!

Yeah that needs to be addressed in the documentation. @erktrek can you update the documentation that the pc controller doesn't work on MAC and that running windows via bootcamp (x86) or parallels (x86 or Silicon M1/M2) is needed to run a demo copy of windows (10 or 11) can be used instead?

Thanks for all of your responses. I did read that but I was overly focused on migrating my 3 Schlage BE469 locks. I definitely should have paid more attention to this:

3: One thing you need to be careful of, is if you have a failed Z-Wave pairing, STOP! Check your settings>>z-wave details page. If a ghost was created (you will see nothing in the routing column), it needs to be removed first. If you don't remove it you will start having problems with your mesh including pairing new devices. After removing the ghost, factory reset the device and attempt to pair again. Rinse and repeat. This is one of the biggest keys to having a healthy mesh.

1 Like

The instructions in the ghost removal guide have been updated, I completed that several days ago at least, and indicated that you can't get PC controller running on a Mac except using something like parallels and a demo copy of Windows.

The download link on the ghost removal guide topic has been updated so make sure you're using the current link.

1 Like

Worship GIF

1 Like

Oh yes you are. I don't care what your kids say, you're 'da man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who provided information in this thread. Special thanks to @danabw and @erktrek for the PC Controller documentation! Thanks to rlithgow1 for helpful responses. There is no way I could have removed 4 stubborn ghost devices without the HE community.

I didn't even know about ghosts before starting the migration from ST to HE a couple of weeks ago. Then I kept reading about ghosts, but had no idea where to look for them at first. At one point I had 6 ghosts and was only able to remove 2 through HE. I tried many suggestions for removing through HE before going the PC Controller route.

I have a Mac, and as the instructions state, even though there is a Mac version of Simplicity Studio, the PC Controller app only runs in Windows. So I installed Parallels and Windows 11. I've always used Windows at work, but it took some getting used to in the Parallels interface on a Mac.

Once I figured out how to mount the Simplicity Studio 5 .iso things went smoothly. As I mentioned in another post there is a Simplicity Studio 4 .exe that seems to have PC Controller 5 in it so that might be an option too.

I used a Zooz S2 Stick 700. At first I couldn't get it to include on HE through PC Controller (at least 8 tries). I ended up closing PC Controller, pulling the Z stick from my computer and sticking it back in. I opened up PC Controller and was able to include without security to HE on the first try.

Each of the 4 ghosts was eliminated without incident. It was like magic! Now I have a clean Z-wave mesh and I have an entirely different system of inclusion and checking Z-Wave Details for ghosts.

1 Like

Good to hear. Post your z-wave details page in it's entirety so we can see how it looks..

1 Like

Looks very clean. Nice.

Normally you would keep an eye on things like route changes, but since most of your devices are direct you likely won't have much going on there.

Doesn't look like you have any issues.

1 Like